Did you mean: 

acknowledgements using Business Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I am a XI developer, and I am dealing with a interface:

SAP-(idoc)-> XI -

(file)---->legacy

I wanna have an acknowledgement from XI to SAP when the idoc have arrived to XI. My interface has Business Systems, we dont wanna Business services or BPM's.

CAN I OBTAIN THIS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FROM XI???

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if this idea can be used...

When the IDOC is received...you have configure to receiver systems.....

the one would be the File....and the second one would be the same SAP business system which send it...and you have to map the receiver IDOC to aleaud01 idoc with appropriate message in it....

1.IDOC --> XI --> map to file -- Send to legacy system.

2.IDOC --> XI --> map to ALEAUD01 IDOC --> send to sap sending the IDOC.

In the sending R/3 system, in the partner profile(WE20), you should maintain inbound parameters for ALEAUD01 idoc.

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you propose is a BPM(Business process), but I dont wanna use neither BPM nor Businness services, I have only business systems.

do you have any idea of my proposal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No...you donot need a BPM for what i said....

You have to have 2 recievers in the Integration Directory Receiver determination....one to send the file and the second one to send the ALEAUD01 back...

again there is no BPM involved in this...

Thaks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

I had explained not quite well.

My aim is to have an acknowledgement which notify if the file has arrived correctly to legacy system.

Your proposal only assure that IDoc has arrived to XI.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you very much.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alvalro,

If you only customize a second receiver for your message as recommended from Renjid you can only be shure that your message received the XI. But there is anyway an acknowledge message from XI IDOC adapter.

If you you want to make shure that a file is written in the legacy system you have to execute a periodic script in the legacy system, which is reading new files (including IDOC numbers) a is sending for example a http request to XI (acknowledgement).

Alternative would be a BPM (why don't you like it?), which can raise an error in case of failure (file) adapter and send success or error acknowledgement back to SAP.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hola Alvaro,

you'll have to be careful with acknowledgments as these will not work in every case. If you have a look at the information provided in the online help, you will see the following restrictions:

"Receiver adapters that run on the Adapter Engine support system acknowledgments if they are requested by the sender. Acknowledgements are triggered when a message is successfully processed by the adapter or if an error occurs while it is being processed. Receiver adapters do not support application acknowledgments. The RNIF and CIDX adapters are exceptions to this rule, since they also support scenario-dependent application acknowledgments. Sender adapters of the Adapter Engine do not request any acknowledgments."

Regards, Jaime Farinos

Answers (0)