Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When i delete some roles for users in SU10, profiles are getting deleted but the role still exits in the User master record. How to delete the role from the user master records using SU10. and I want to move some users from one group to another. which is the easiest method for this.

Regards,

Sandhya

6 REPLIES 6

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

in SU10 please enter in the field 'valid from' an early date (like 01.01.1900). The valid from date is considered as the date from which the assignment is removed. In standard the actual date is entered by default automatically, so you have to replace that date by the 'early' one manually.

For the usergroup assignement either choose SU10 for mass maintenance or you can do it in SUGR too. (if you don't mean user group for authorization).

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

I have deleted the users by changing the validity date, but there are some users for the validity date for roles is different. How to enter the validity date if there are many users who have same roles with different validity dates. Please let me know a work around for this.

Regards,

sandhya

0 Kudos

For completely deleting role assignments for multiple users in SU10 you can use 01.01.1900 as startdate and 31.12.9999 as enddate.

This will delete all assignments regardless of the actual role start- and enddate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

In SU10, you will need to make sure that the radio button for 'remove' is selected in both roles and profiles tab so that when the roles are removed the associated profiles are also removed.

As far as user master record is concerned, please perform PFUD to ensure the both the roles and profiles are removed from user master record.

You can also mass change the user group of the users thorugh SU10.

Thanks,

Saby..

0 Kudos

Thanks Guys,

I will enter the validity date and try to delete the users. But i have got one more question, after performing the delation how to confirm that roles have been deleted for all the users say if i have 200 users, How to get the report of this? and

How to Transfer the users from one group to another if i have larger no of users to moved?

Can you pleas let me know?

Regards,

Sandhya

0 Kudos

Hi,

SU10 provides a log after performing the change.

Moving users:

Select them with the search help by existing group assignement in SU10 and

perform your changes.

b.rgds, Bernhard