cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block bill-to/payer for orders and deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 customers, A and B. A is the 'parent' of 'B'.

In B's partner functions, 'A' is set as the bill-to and payer.

Now the user wants to make sure that orders/deliveries can only be done by 'B', the child, and not by 'A'.

I tried using VD05 to block orders and deliveries for 'A'. But when I tried to create an order for 'B', an error is displayed, stating that 'A' is blocked for orders.

What can I do for this user's requirements?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If my understanding is right then your requirement is > You want B to be sold-to and ship-to and A as bill-to and payer... right ? then why you are blocking A ? you can define the partner functions as below for B

Sold-to - B

Ship-to - B

Payer - A

Bill-to - A

Check this out and let us know the results.

Hrishi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member524427
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i guess : It is logical as, If the payer (A) is blocked - any order / delivery with that payer(A) shall be blocked.

Try this alternative if possible:

Sold -to : A

Ship-to : A

Payer : A1 (New)

Bill -to :A1

Sold -to : B

Ship-to : B

Payer : A1 (New)

Bill -to :A1

This way, you can block orders from A & process for B.

hope this helps.

Sriram

Edited by: SRIRAM K on Oct 30, 2008 1:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no problem in the partner functions of 'B'. It is already like this:

Sold-to - B

Ship-to - B

Payer - A

Bill-to - A

Since 'A' is created with account group 'sold-to', and user does not want 'A' to be able to have orders and deliveries, we tried using VB05 to block orders and deliveries for 'A'.

But when we try to create orders for 'B' (whiich will have 'A' as PY), we get a message that 'A' is blocked for orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We try to block 'A' because it is an existing customer and was set-up with account group 'sold-to'. I know it will work if 'A' was set-up with account group 'payer' only.

They wish to keep the current account group for 'A' in so that this customer may be unblocked anytime to be able to have orders and deliveries again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know if your CMR of Sold-to "A" has partner functions PY & BP = "A" or something else?

If it is "A" then I belive you will not have any difficulty in maintaining them in CMR of "B"

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The partner function settings are correct. We still want the parent A to pay for the child B's orders.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Catherine,

This may be due to partner functions assignmenmt in the customer master so please check the partner functions in the customer master partner functions tab.

Go to XD03 transaction enter customer B then go to partner function tab here you check is Sold to party B ,bill to party B, ship to party B and payer B are available or not if not avail then assign and try.

In the sales order also you maintain all the partner functions which are belongs to B then try.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.