cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a new test system to existing landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My company already have two system in the same landscape -- development server and production server. However recently I have a need to add a testing server to the existing landscape. Does anyone tell me what is the correct procedure? Thanks in advnace!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just want to add if you want to add your QAS in to existing landscape you also have to give transhost as your TDC (Transport Domain Controller) entry in your QAS host file.

Best of Luck,

Gaurav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dick Fung,

It is the same procedure how you have added your production system in to the landscape.

Go to the testing server and execute t-code STMS and provide the required data give the domain controller name also and save it.Then login to your domain controller and execute t-code STMS ->OVERVIEW ->SYSTEMS.there you will find the new system in the list.select that system and approve.then do the route configuratin and distribute and activate the configuration through out the land scape.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In this scenario you must add the QAS (TEST) machine to the existing TMS.

You should transport all requests transported till date.You have two choices to make

1.Shared trans directory

2.Individual trans directory .

When you choose 1 , the transport is seen in both PRD and QAS , which ever trans request is working fine in QAS , you can import that request in PRD.

When you choose 2 , sometimes you trans requests cannot be moved in that case you have to move the transport request manually.Here you have individual cofiles and trans files.

I think this might help you in this scenario.

Regards

Sreeram.K