cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spanish letters misinterpreted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within an HTML page I have an text area tag which I use to record text . I pass this text to an IRPT file which uses an SERVLET tag and a QUERYTEMPLATE to execute a SQL update comand .

When I record an Spanish letter as the Ñ letter, I observe that this letter was misinterpreted ( funny characters recorded instead ) in the underlying table .

I still can go direct to the table and record an Ñ without a problem , therefore the database table is not the problem . Perhaps, parameter passing is the problem .

¿ Where should be the problem ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pedro,

I have this setting : jdbc:inetdae:localhost:1433?database=ARR&sql7=true

and still does not work .

What should I do next ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antonio,

which DB and Version you are using? Which default Language have the User that you using

for Login (look into the DB). Which MII Version you are running? What do you get back with

the SQL Query Analyzer?

Regards

Pedro

Edited by: Pedro Iglesias on Oct 30, 2008 9:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) which DB and Version you are using? Answer : MS SQL SERVER 2000

2) Which default Language have the User that you using for Login (look into the DB) .Answer . I do not know where to find the language default . But i can record any spanish words directly to the table .

3) Which MII Version you are running? Answer : 11.5.5 b73

Thanks very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antonio,

I mean the full DB Version. I have also MII 11.5.5 with the MS SQL 2000 Ver. 8.00.2039 (SP4) and

when I set up the sql7=false I get back this "ESPAÐA". If I set up sql7=true I get back this "ESPAÑA".

Do you get for my ESPAÑA the same issue?

Please try also the MS Queryanalyzer.

Saludos

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pedro,

I solved the problem by using escape / unescape on the field .

Thanks anyway,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hola Antonio,

which database you are running? If you using MS SQL 2000, then your ServerURL looks like:

"jdbc:inetdae:localhost:1433?database=Northwind&sql7=true"

Please make sure that the Parameter sql7=true is setting. If you have this parameter set to false,

then you will get strange result with the spanish character back.

Let me know.

Saludos

Pedro