cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture of PI 7.1

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm checking out an installation that was made by another group of PI 7.1. The ports for the WebAs Java and WebAs ABAP are the same. ABAP stack port = 50000, JAVA stack port = 50000. Instance number is 00 for ABAP. Is this some change that I am not aware of? From my 7.0 experience the ABAP port should be 80<xx> and the JAVA port should be 50<xx>0. Is this something new (I find hard to believe)? Just a sanity check. I haven't talk to the developers to see if this thing actually even works.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

That is true. Both the ABAP and J2EE ports are the same in PI 7.1 I remember this from PI 7.1 workshop conducted by SAP. But cant remember the reason for that though.

Thanks

Jaishankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

woho, dats some news to me.. Thanks for correcting me.

Regards

Bhavesh

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you provide more information? I've now found information in the help.sap.com for PI 7.1 and it lists the ports as different. Is this just because they haven't updated the help information or is this correct?

This is such a major change and I never heard anything. Mostly what I have heard is that the Visual Administrator is gone. Now we have to use that NWA. Please provide a link, I really need to know. Thanks!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out Page 20 of this article.

the port is a 5XXXX port even though the application being called is a Proxy on the ABAP stack.

Looks like the understanding from is right; but the why is still not clear.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b00bbb77-75bc-2a10-6b9a-a6f81615...

regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

It is true that both ABAP and J2EE ports in PI 7.1 are the same now. It's 5<Sys No>00.

I have seen multiple PI 7.1 installation and some at SAP itself all have the same port no. for both.

Though I dont know why this was done, but both adapter and adapteless communication directed to this port work fine. We have confirmed that, with our 7.1 installation.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doesn't make much sense to me that both the j2ee and abap ports are the same. After all the XI server is running on the same unix box and 2 services cannot use the same port.

Can you let us know, where you found the abap port to be 50000? The best way to test this from a developer's perspective would be to use the plain http adapter.

Also, what the the pipeline url in SXMB_ADM? Is it using 5XXXX port or 8XXX?

Regards

Bhavesh