cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Check In Software Components in Track Check In Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SDN Experts.

I am trying to setup a NWDI track. I have defined a new product, and a software component. I have also added the standard usages dependencies (SAP J2EE, SAP BUILD TOOL, and SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES).

I went to the Change Management Service --> Domain Data tab. Ensure the domain setup right, then click on "Update CMS".

I have also setup the "Runtime System" tab to define the Development system configuration.

I saw the new track is created successfully in Transport Studio. But when I navigate to the "Check In" tab, the "Check In" button was grayed out, meaning now I am not able to check in the dependent software components.

Can anyone advise me why the "Check In" button is grayed out?

Thanks in advance,

KC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are the dependent SC's (SAP J2EE, SAP BUILD TOOL, and SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES) as .sca file visible on the check-in list? If not check whether the.sca files for the dependent SC's are on the right location of the CMS Inbox.

Regards,

Yasar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yasar,

When I go to CMS --> Track Data --> Developed Software Components, I saw my SC, then the drop down actually showing the the dependent SC's (SAP J2EE, SAP BUILD TOOL, and SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES).

When I go to Transport Studio, then "Check In" tab, the table are empty, and the "Check In" button is grayed out.

Question: I don't have access to the server, and check the physical directory of the CMS Inbox, /usr/sap/trans/CMS/inbox. Can I access the inbox directory from the NWA /NWDI/ CMS web admin interface?

Also, there is the "Configure Check In" button available. I went in there, and saw only one default directory: "inbox" setup. I am not sure I should add another or activate anything from here.

Please advise.

Thanks,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

KC,

if you dont have access to server check with your basis team for the same and make sure that all the components are placed in CMS inbox

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to download the 3 SCA files from Service market place and must place them in the inbox folder.

The SCA files are

SAPBUILDT09_0-10003479.sca

SAPJEE09_0-10003469.sca

SAPJTECHS09_0-10003467.sca

This is for SP9 download the same for your service pack.

For downloading these

Goto SMP-> Support Packages and Pacthes -> SAP Netweaver -> SAP Netweaver -> SAP Netweaver 7.0 -> Entry by Component -> Application Server Java....there you should be able to download the required components...

One more thing is you must place these SCA files in the inbox folder

Moreover give the transport directory as /usr/sap/Jtrans.

One thing either you should have access to the server or else ask your basis guys to place these sca files in the inbox folder.

The sca files will not be there in the inbox folder.You should place them.In my case i placed them by downloading them from SMP.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks & Regards,

Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, guys.

Let me try to check whether the 3 SCAs are in the CMS inbox. If not, I will download and put the 3 SCAs file in the /usr/sap/trans/CMS/inbox.

I will see whether the "Check In" button will become enabled.

Will get back to you.

Thanks,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Now, I am able to see all 3 SCA files after my Basis admin perform the following tasks:

1) Provide me the new CMS inbox directory path.

2) Drop the three SCAs into the folder.

And I updated the Check In directory with the path of teh CMS inbox where the SCA files stored.

Now, I have done the Import-Check on all three SCAs. When I click on the "Import" button, the system was processing for long time and the import status return failed, then thrown this message:

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.session.LockException: 

Thread SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_35 failed to acquire exclusive lock on client session 
ClientSession(id=(sealnwj_NWJ_00)ID0696868150DB10314278362329896447End_365264842). 
Existing locks: LockingManager(ThreadName:SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_35, 
exclusive client session lock: 
ClientSessionLock(SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_37), shared client session locks: 
ClientSessionSharedLockManager([]), app session locks: 
ApplicationSessionLockManager([]), current request: sap.com/tc~SL~CMS~WebUI/Cms).
Hint: Take a thread dump of the server node to find the blocking thread that causes the problem. 

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession$LockingManager.lock(ClientSession.java:1511)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doProcessing(ClientSession.java:233)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:149)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:62)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:53)
    ... 16 more

Not sure whether it is related to the server performance.

Do you have any idea?

I am trying to ask my Basiss admin to perform the hint suggested from the message:

"Hint: Take a thread dump of the server node to find the blocking thread that causes the problem. 
"

Thanks for advise,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

KC,

try to check the default trace file(ask basis people) for more details on the error

if nothing found try to restart the server

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

I will try as advised.

Will get back to you.

Thanks,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

I have restarted the server, but the same problem still persists.

For your info, our Portal Server and NWDI Server are installed together in the same physical server. My Basis admin told me that restarting the portal server will also restart the NWDI server.

Please advise what are the alternative way I can resolve this issues.

Thanks,

KC