cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk: How does one automatically notify the team of a new message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can the Support Team be automatically notified when a message is assign to the team?

Regards,

AW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I go into transaction IB52 and goto-->Partner

There the pulldown for function only shows:

Contact Person

Employeee responsible

Service Employee Group

Ship-To Party

Sold-To Party

What is necesary to add the Supprot Team?

Regards,

AW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok the question was "how can a support team be automatically notified".

Maintaining the support team field and "dats it" on the iBase will not accomplish this.

These other functions will also need to be configured:

Org structure with Support Teams

Responsibilities

Partner Determination Procedure

Action Profiles

Action Definitions

SCOT

SMTP

Most importantly, note 1041455 will need to be applied along with the associated development. Without this note application automatic notification of a support team cannot occur.

So I guess my suggestion is:

a.) Share your current configuration status, what have you done? Unless we know this it is almost impossible to troubleshoot why the notification isnt working

b.) Perhaps search around the SolMan forums some more (as I previously suggested) b/c people have asked this question numerous times. I did a quick search and found this link which, although doesnt provide a solution, will get you started.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey AW,

Go to IB52 tcode..

enter the ibase (1) and execute..

Now select the component which represents your Satelite system and then go the the menu bar and click on Go To-> partners..

Select partner Function from the Dropdown and select SUPPORT TEAM from the Drop down and then Assign the Business Partner to it....

Dats it you are done...

I assumed you have configured Ibase and Component for the Satellite System in question....

There is one more solution on this. See how does it help you then I will suggest you another one.

Inspire by rewarding for more details.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Avrohom-

This is a pretty hot topic that a lot of people are usually interested in. If you do some searches on this forum for "Automatic Determination of Support Team", "Email Notification", etc you will find that there are some good threads on it. A lot of them have been closed out with a successful solution.

That would be a good place to start.