cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write a PDF using FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I have got a tricky question. How can i write a PDF to a target destination using FTP? It seems easy but i have got same constraints, which are:

1 - I will get data from PDF in one string element (xstring in R/3, base64Binary in PI 7.0), that i get from an RFC call.

2 - I can not have anything from this PDF in monitoring, string or PDF file. (A must be)

3 - I can't add any beans. (I am not allowed)

4 - I can´t write or keep this PDF file in a PIs UNIX machine directory. Neither R/3 can do that. (We are not allowed)

5 - I am not allowed to change stuff in J2EE engine, or any kind of engine. Can't add/change adapters either.

You may ask, what can you do then? Well, i can write code for mappings. And put that mapping anywhere it fits, taking in consideration the 5 constraints above.

Is ABAP mapping a solution? Is it possible to write code in ABAP without saving PDF file in a directory?

Ideas, who can give me some?

Thank you for you attention,

Pedro Pereira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u take look at this blog?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried it, i can see PDF in monitoring.

Thanks,

Pedro Pereira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

Any idea how can this be achieved?

Pedro Pereira

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course you can see it in monitoring, you're using XI, for godsake!

If you can't have the data in monitoring, then don't use XI at all.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

Well i must use XI, i like it :).

I just have hard constraints, which are not imposed by me.

Well, with ABAP mapping i think i can send file to destiny via FTP, but i can not write it in PIs machine before send it...I am going to try to get authorization to keep this file temporarily in PIs machine, that would be good news for me...

Thank you for your attention,

Pedro Pereira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a similar problem in a WS->XI->WS scenario.

My idea was to somehow run some code in the XI server that would make the transfer of the file (an XML with data to update another database) instead of running the file directly through XI, but I could not find a way to solve the J2EE Engine constraint Pedro also seems to have.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

I'm not sure if you can avoid msgs being monitored, but you can definitely avoid a user from seeing it.

In the S_XMB_MONI authorization object, you can define the access level for the users in the monitor by parameters like component, party, interface name etc.

By default, it's probably "*" but you could limit access of all users to this message.

Other than that, try to set the TRACE lvl to 0 in SXMB_ADM.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

I can't do that, they will notice it

Rigth now it's in standby, who will send the file via FTP.

Best regards,

Pedro Pereira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solved...xi will not be used to do it. And i am happy with it

Pedro Pereira

Answers (0)