cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm almost giving up on this...I've been messing with this for too long now...

I get this error message:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM

TYPE=B MSHOST=exts0002 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=ANB MSSERV=sapmsANB PCS=1 ERROR hostname 'exts0002' unknown TIME

Tue Feb 14 16:40:02 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -2 MODULE ninti.c

LINE 332 DETAIL NiPGetHostByName2: hostname 'exts0002' not found SYSTEM CALL gethostbyname_r COUNTER 1

I try to get the flightlist demo to work. I've put in "sapmsANB 3600/tcp" in services file locally in my machine (I'm using Sneak Preview SP11).

I've also done everything in "/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/14/configuring-sld-in-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-sneak

I've done everything possible to get this to work, but no luck.

What is wrong here?, please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When your machine goes to call exts0002 it can't resolve that name. What happens if you try to ping exts0002 from the machine where the JCo call will be executed? This should resolve. You may have to modify your host file. Also, as a best practice you should get in the habit of calling machines by their fully qualified domain name. SAP logon tickets rely on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I ping from inside SLD I get "Failed to ping JCo destination 'WD_FLIGHTLIST_MODELDATA_DEST'." If I use the ordinary ping It doesn't resolve either.

How should I configure the hosts file?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are on Windows go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and edit the host file. Place a line in there that reads

xxx.xxx.xxx mycomputer mycomputer.domain.com

where xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP of your machine and mycomputer.domain.com is the FQDN of your machine. The first mycomputer will fix this problem in the short term while the second entry will get you set up to use logon tickets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I've put in "193.183.156.17 PetJoh PetJoh.afab.local" in Hosts -> rebooted -> but still can't ping exts0002 (or the fully resolved name to it) I can't ping the actual IP nr either.

I can, however use JCO java code like:

import com.sap.mw.jco.*;

public class R3Connect extends Object {

JCO.Client mConnection;

public R3Connect() {

try {

// Change the logon information to your own system/user

mConnection =

JCO.createClient(

"100", // SAP client

"rfcuser", // userid

"jakob", // password

// null, // language

"en", // language

"anb.af.hosting.emtab.com", // application server host name

"00"); // system number

mConnection.connect();

System.out.println(mConnection.getAttributes());

mConnection.disconnect();

} catch (Exception ex) {

ex.printStackTrace();

System.exit(1);

}

}

public static void main (String args[]) {

R3Connect app = new R3Connect();

}

}

This works perfectly fine to connect, Why doesn't SLD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

In the JCO code, ur using "anb.af.hosting.emtab.com" as your system and in your hosts file, u are taking about "193.183.156.17 PetJoh PetJoh.afab.local". Are both the systems same?

Check the following:

1)From the server are u able to ping R/3 system?

2)Did u create the R/3 system in SLD?

3)Does an entry for this R/3 system exist in host file correctly?

If you are not able to do a "ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" from the server to R/3, then mostly its a network problem.

Thanks

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, I must've misunderstood. "anb.af.hosting.emtab.com" is the R/3 system I want to connect to (I want to use the flightlist example and use data from a "big" system). the "193.183.156.17 PetJoh PetJoh.afab.local" is my own machine (laptop with Sneak Preview SP11 installed, used for developing Web dynpro apps).

1) No, I can't ping "anb.af.hosting.emtab.com"

2) Yes, I've followed "/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/14/configuring-sld-in-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-sneak and all works fine (I can see "ANB on exts0002" in SLD

3) This is where I've misunderstood (I think). What should I put in my hosts file? The external IP of the R/3 machine and "anb.af.hosting.emtab.com" (the R/3 machine resolved ip) ?

Thanks for helping me

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to make sure that your laptop which has a WAS running can ping the R3 box so, yes the ip and FQDN of the R3 box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I can't do that so this must be the source of my problem.

Thank you very much for your kind help!

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u