cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutliple R/3 Systems connected to 1 APO System - Location CIFing issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a situation like 2 R/3 systems(S1&S2) are connected to 1 APO system. S1 is old system and S2 is new system, I am trying to connect with APO system.

In Development environment:

I have IMs in S1 to APO system, to CIF the master/transactional data. Some of the master/transaction data will be CIFing from new R/3 system(S2). I set the deletion flag to LOCATION in APO and CIFed from new R/3 system, it worked fine. This is working fine in Development.

In Test environment:

I have set the deletion flag to LOCATION and trying to CIF from new R/3 system. I am getting the following message

"Location 9999 of type 1002 (BSG BSG_TEST) already exists in APO".

I have verified the /SAPAPO/C1, /SAPAPO/C2 about the logical system and BSGs set up. It looks same as development. I also verified the the data in /SAPAPO/LOC, /SAPAPO/LOCMAP table for data. There is no record for location type 1002 and location 9999.

Any one has got this kind of issue? How did you resolve? Am I missing any config?

Thanks for your time and efforts in advance.

Thanks,

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have you mapped both the R/3 instances to same BSG group in APO ?

is it that location 9999 exists in both R/3 systems (S1 & S2) ?

in APO transaction /sapapo/loc3 just put this location number without the location type field and click on display.If the location is shown in APO , means that the location existis in APO and it is transferred as distribution center (loc type 1002).

Now you might be trying to send the same location as production location (loc typr 1001) , so it is conflicting with the exisiting definition.

Even though location is flagged for deletion for APO , you have run the report /SAPAPO/DELETE_LOCATIONS which can be scheduled as job in /sapapo/loc3 -

> Extras -

>Delete locations.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found the problem and solution also.

Here is the details...

Location 9999 already exists in APO which is CIFed from old R3 system. Its location type is 1001. it was configed as production plant. when I take 9999 in /SAPAPO/LOC3 and location type as 1002, it automatically changes to 1001.

From new ECC system trying to send same location with different location type.

In APO only the name of the location is used as the key. though it is different location type, So it throws the error message that it already exists.

We have to change the location type in APO by using the /SAPAPO/CHECK_LOCATION_TYPE.

You can refer the note 456663.

Thanks a lot for time and efforts.

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Please check log in R3 - CFG1 and SLG1 in APO.

Thukral

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if there was any earlier existing queue which is blocking these transfers.

Cheers,

KD