cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Transport Enterprise Portal 7.0 Contents with custom PAR-files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help!!!!,

we want to transport portal content from QAS to PRD - Portal. Also, we have modified and implemented some new PAR-files in the QAS Portal.

examples:

com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.par -

>to -

>com.mycompany.portal.navigation.masthead.par

Furthermore we uploaded complete new PAR files (com.mycompany.portal.navigation.sitemap)

Is it possible to export the project file with all iviews, roles, ... and upload that into the PRD-Portal ??

So, export all objects together with the PAR files into an EPA archive and upload that ???

Or is it necessary to exclud the PAR files from the EPA archive??? If yes, how should we upload that excluded PAR files??

Thanks for cumming answers (sry, my english:-))

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

If your roles are based on ABAP system, you have to ask a Basis to transport roles using PFGC transaction for example, otherwise, there is not a easy way to export/import Portal users and roles. You have to do it creating files in a standard format, such as:

For Users:

[User]
UID=user0001
Password=initial1
Email_Address=user0001#example.com
First_Name=Kattia
Last_Name=Salizar

For Roles:

[Role]
rid=Role1
rdesc=Role description
user=MarcPeters;JackSmith;Alan_Fox;
group=HappyBuyersOf2003;HappyBuyersOf2002

Take a look at this link, if it helps you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/ae/7cdf3dffadd95ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Rogério

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying,

But my point is also to export my complete projekt file with custom iViews, roles, themes, system... and import that in the PRD Portal. In that case the par files should be included in the epa files.

So, can I use the standard export process, and during the import is there something important to know

I have read that own Java developments in PAR files (custom iViews i think) should be transported with the SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure

or can i export the projekt content with par files and import that in the new portal ???

Best regards

Answers (0)