cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-System Risk Analysis Question - Compliance Calibrator 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone describe to me how cross-system analysis works on CC5.3 compared to CC4.0?

I am a little confused on the concept. We have 3 systems connected to CC5.3 and in additional to system-only risk analysis, we'd like to find the risks where one of the tcodes is on one box and the other tcode is on another other. When I edit or create a function, I have the ability to define it as "Single System" or "Cross System" - below that is where you add tcodes to the function. My confusion really revolves around this portion. If I want to run a true cross-system analysis, do I have to define the tcode 3 times (once for each system)??

For example, let's say I have 2 tcodes that are in conflict with eachother: tcode1 (defined in function1) and tcode 2 (defined in function2). If I run cross-system analysis for system1 and system2, will the report show this conflict simply by defining the functions as "Cross-System" or do I need to define the tcodes within (function1 and function2) for system1 and system2?

I apologize if this is confusing, please let me know if clarification is needed. And FYI, our cross-system connectors are setup and look good - I have no confusing regarding the connectors themselves, just the cross-system risk analysis.

Thanks!

Jes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jes,

To enable cross-system risk analysis, you need to:

1.) Set the function to cross-system scope

2.) Define the Actions and Permissions in the function. You need to do this for all the systems.

3.) Define a Risk that contains your functions

Function A (Cross-System Scope)

- System ABC510 - T-Code 1

- System ZYZ510 - T-Code 1

Function B (Cross-System Scope)

- System ABC510 - T-Code 2

- System ZYZ510- T-Code 2

Risk S123

- Function A

- Function B

Resulting Rules for Risk S123:

Rule 1: T-Code 1 (Sys ABC510) and T-Code 2 (Sys ABC510)

Rule 2: T-Code 1 (Sys ZYX510) and T-Code 2 (Sys ZYX510)

Rule 3: T-Code 1 (Sys ABC510) and T-Code 2 (Sys ZYX510)

Rule 4: T-Code 1 (Sys ZYX510) and T-Code 2 (Sys ABC510)

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Scott - that clears things up pretty well.

I appreciate the reply.

Jes

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some follow up questions because we are experiencing more confusion with Cross-System analysis.

We are still in the process of migrating from CC4.0 to CC5.3. In CC4.0, we have 3 systems: PR, SR, and CR. ALL of our rules (risks, functions, etc) reside on PR, and when we want to run Cross-System analysis (for example, Cross-System between our PR and SR boxes), we simply enter both our PR and SR systems in the "Systems Id" field towards the bottom of the CC4.0 screen.

Cross-System analysis seems to work much differently in CC5.X. Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears functions need to be defined to a specific system otherwise rules will not be generated for that system, and Cross-System rules will not be generated unless that option is selected within the function. So does that mean in order to make CC5.3 operate essentially the same way as CC4.0 we have to adjust our functions to be Cross-System and to replicate the functions for all 3 systems?

If anyone could also provide a general overview on the differences between Cross-System analysis on CC4.0 and CC5.3 and how the migration to the newer version is affected by this, that would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks,

Jes