cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC lookup for mutiple records in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello frenz,

We are using PI 7.1 in our project and we have a requiremnt for RFC lookup on a table which is on PI ABAP stack.

I know that with 7.1, SAP has provided the option of RFC lookup and JDBC lookup as a pre-defined function in message mapping. But my req is to call RFC lookup for a set of records (array of records) and get the output for all records and then work on it rather than calling the lookup for each record seperately as it will be performance intensive. Is there any way to do this - may be a advanced UDF..some settings...???

Please advice.

Regards,

Yash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK, RFC Lookup is something really non-dependent on the RFC call procedure. It'll just call a RFC with the input parameter(s) that you define, and show you the output result(s). It's a more easy-to-handle JCo call.

So, maybe it should be possible.

Just try developing a RFC that accepts multiple entries and replies with multiple sets of results and consume it through RFC lookup.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

I guess this is worth a try. I would try to define RFC which takes multiple entries, do the lookup for all the entries and return the values as a array. Will update the thread once i have done it.

Aamir: ABAP mapping is one of the option but we are not using it in our project as an architectural issue.

Any other way if not RFC?

Thanks,

Yash

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cheers.

Let us know the results.

Best regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tested doing a multiple lookup using a single RFC call in 7.1 provided RFC Lookup function and it works fine.

I have defined a RFC in my ABAP stack which takes multiple entries, does the lookup and returns the result as an array.

The RFC Lookup function provided in graphical mapping of 7.1 can handle this.

Thanks,

Yash

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Since you already have tables on PI server itself why do you want to use RFC lookup?

Simply use ABAP mapping for it.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

BPM this is doable but if we think something different then

I have not done this but try creating Java mapping using the Lookup API.

You can try to collect the response in java code and then work on it for the desired results for generating target message.

Thanks

Gaurav

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might have to use BPM and call the RFC get the response and use mapping to solve your problem. You might need some trial and error kind of research..!!

VJ