SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combination Meter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I a am hesitating about how to deal with combination meter.

The first option is to create one device with two registers. The second option is to creat two devices.

The are advantages and disadvantages with the two options.

Someone knows how to deal with this kind of water meters?

The solution has to take into account device management, billing and master data.

thanks in advance'

ben

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you provide me with scenario. What you mean by combination meter?

Gopal

0 Kudos

Hello Gopal,

A combination water meter comprises a main meter which can be connected to a water main for determining larger amounts of water flow and to an auxiliary meter which is disposed in a bypass conduit for determining smaller amounts of water flow.

I mean, one physical device with two units of measurement (two serial numbers). the two units of measurement belong to one business partner and the total consumption for billing is the sum of the both.

I do install/replace/remove to both of them together.

more on that topic: [http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5831158.html]

thanks for your help,

ben

0 Kudos

We faced this problem in a project and opted to go for the two devices approach.

The main reason for this are the two serial numbers and the fact that each component could be individualy replaced in case of malfunction.

To keep the devices together, we created a device group for each combi meter. That way you are encouraged/forced to handle them as one unit.

Additional checks in user-exits or reports might be useful too, but that depends on your exact scenario.

Hope this helps you on the way!

0 Kudos

hello Kevin,

How did you handle the bill process? How can I bill the consumption's sum of both? I don't want to bill the two devices independantly.

ben

0 Kudos

Ben,

In terms of billing, using two devices on one installation, or one device with two registers on one installation, is exactly the same.

You'll have both consumptions available in one billing doc/rate cat, so you're able to combine them into one consumption, or use them seperately as you please.