cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xacute Scheduler acting funny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using 11.5.2 b64, I am experiencing two odd things with the Xacute Scheduler.

I have a simple Xacute Transaction that includes an SQL Query to a MSSQL database. If I run the transaction from the Transaction Editor via F5 or F6, it works just fine. When I schedule the transaction to run, I am getting an error "An invalid Server was used (MyServer)". Also in my Runner Log, I see "[8F2DBFE4-87FC-7265-8EF5-E03831663211][ERROR]: IlluminatorQuery: An invalid Server was used (MyServer). Path/To/My/Transaction".

After each SQL Query action block, I am checking for SQLQuery.Success flag. If success, continue. If not success, log to my SQL Trace file - which is how I am seeing the "An invalid Server was used (MyServer)". Now, the really strange thing is it appears that even when getting this error, the Xacute transaction goes down the success branch AND the not success branch as I my database is being updated appropriately AND I am getting this error message.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your C:\Lighthammer\Illuminator\Conf\Servers.xml file to make sure you don't have any strange situation with duplicate servers.

Have you tried making a new QT for this transaction just to make sure no strange server caching may be happening?

As far as the T and F conditional branches - I've never seen that oddity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll check. I didn't create a new QT because it seems to be happening consistently for ALL QT and ALL transactions, not just this one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Servers.xml looks good.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just created a complete new transaction that does nothing more than log the "datenow" to the message part of an XMLTracer file.

I set a transaction schedule to run this every 7 seconds.

The first time it ran, I got one row in my XML Trace file with the datestamp as expected.

Seven seconds later, I got 3 new rows in my XML trace file with all three identical datestamps.

And every seven seconds, I get 3 more rows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the Data Access security settings are screwed up, or even the security settings on the queries. Does anyone know what user the scheduler runs under?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did think this as well. To the best of my knowledge, the permissions are correct. The queries ARE executing. They are just executing 3 times instead of once. I think the issue is with the scheduler now, not necessarily the queries. But, yes, good thought.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It magically appears to be working ok now. I didn't change anything.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure...nothing changed...

More than one java.exe process would make sense why the schedule could have been running multiple times.

A good old MS reboot never hurts

Former Member
0 Kudos

We didn't reboot, but I did run garbage collection manually yesterday - I just remembered that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's some more strangeness - I think.

I have run set this scheduled transaction to run a couple different ways (but not all at one time):

1. Every second.

2. Every 7 seconds.

3. Every 1 minutes.

For each of these ways, when the transaction is triggered by the scheduler, it appears to actually run THREE times. For example, when it was set to run every 1 minute, my trace file had 3 entries in it (2 success, 1 error). Perhaps the error is caused from not having an open/free connection to the database - not sure. But, why would the transaction run 3 times each time it is called from the scheduler?