cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM logon issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I having problem in logging on SDM. i use the same password as visual administrator and the port is 50018 but it give following error..

" ERROR: Could not establish connection to server SERVNW4 at port 50018:Connection refused:connect"

If i change the port to 50004 the i get the following message..

' CmdXmlFactory could not find Top Element within String:"null" '

Any help will be appreciated though points.

Thanks,

Regards,

Murugan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have managed to get back my system.

Also i have managed to start the SDM using the same password as J2ee but this time i went the directory where the C:\user......\program\RemoteGui.bat locates and i double click the StartServer.bat ( same directory ) now i can log on SDM by typing C:\usr\sap.....\program\RemoteGui.bat in Start--> run.

Thanks for all your input.

Regards,

Murugan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Christine -> thanks for your reply i have tried with 'sdm' password but no success.

Renjith --> You link was really useful i have changed the SDM password successfully by executing following command in the command prompt..

C:\usr\sap\mySID\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program>sdm changepassword "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/mySID/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program" "newpassword=abc123"

But.. after changes made it remains poping out the same message so i have restarted the server but this time i am unable to start the visual administrator :-(.

Is there any other setting i need to follow while changing the SDM password.

Same thing happened ( issue in starting the visual admin) when i change the parameter "icm/host_name_full " in RZ10.

Am i missing something in somewhere?

Thanks for your help again.

Regards,

Murugan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can also give it a try with the standard password "sdm", that should work, if it has not been changed during the installation.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try resetting the password (as given in the following threads)...the sdm password is a different one than the J2ee admin..(unless both was given as same at installation time)...

and then try to access the SDM again...

these are some other discussions on sdm password reset...

Thanks,

Renjith