Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot process unicode RFC in non-unicode system

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got system error in moni which says that "Cannot process unicode RFC in non-unicode system " while performing RFC BAPI call to SRM system . In my RFC destination to SRM system, the non-unicode setting is enabled.

Can you please explain me why this error has come? But the message went file when i reprocessed the error message in moni.

Thanks,

Prasanthi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our basis team has enabled the unicode setting option in RFC destination and till now we didnt face this error again.

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

r u making RFC call in non unicode system which is ur SRM system.

R u sending any unicode charachers from RFC if not then u can change the system to non unicode compliance or make the SRM system Unicode compliance.

chirag

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

I am making RFC call from XI system to SRM system.My SRM system is Unicode. I am not able to understand why it has thrown error for only few messages. Remaining messages went fine without any error.

If it is really problem with unicode settings then the remaining calls should also fail. But it didnt happen.

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u check the message details for which the message is failing, i think there should be some characters because of which it is faling.

can u let me know the trace message of failed message.

also can u tell me does ur SRM system is unicode system and wat about Xi system?

from message wat i feel is if ur sender system is non unicode and ur target system RFC is unicode then ur sender system can not process the unicode RFC. thats wat i can make out from the message.

chirag

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chirag,

My XI and SRM systems are Unicode only. I dont have any special characters in my message. As said in my post, the error message went fine when i restarted it in moni. But i am suprising why it has given error.

The error it is showing in moni is:

<rfc:Z_EA_SC_CREATE.Exception xmlns:rfc="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions"><Name>RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE</Name><Text>Cannot process unicode RFC in non-unicode system (for details see note 875767#)</Text><Message><ID>RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE</ID><Number>000</Number></Message><Attributes><V1>Cannot process unicode RFC in non-unicode system (</V1><V2>for details see note 875767#)</V2></Attributes></rfc:Z_EA_SC_CREATE.Exception>

I even cross checked my RFC destinations but i dont see any issues. All the setting are fine. I did unicode testing also and it is fine.

THanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

u need to check the RC destination and option MDMP&Unicode option and check the communication type with target system

have u refer the SAP note which is mentioned in message.

chirag

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. I have referred the note. The non-unicode button is enabled in the unicode tab of RFC destination.

Edited by: Prasanthi Chavala on Oct 28, 2008 3:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

becus of that it is giving problem.

i think if u change it unicode then it will work. just give a try...

chirag

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, i cant do it because these are production systems. So i am just trouble shooting why we got this error message??

But the remaining messages are processed fine. Also, as i said in my post, the error message went fine when i reprocessed it. So if feel the unicode setting is also fine in destination. Any other thing that i have to verify??

Former Member
0 Kudos

that i got it but u can not reprocessed the message everytime when u have such a problem.

so thats why i asked u to check with that option.....can u tell me wat SAP noe says.

chirag

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The note clear says that the unicode setting is enabled if the target is unicode system. Let me check with my SRM team and get back soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats wat i thought of....i think if u do that then it will solve...this problem

let me know the outcome of the result.

chirag