cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Inbound SOAP With Attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does someone know how to create an Inbound SOAP Message (from SAP XI to a Business System) with attachments?

We get an Idoc from a SAP R/3 system and transform this Idoc to an other XML format messages, but we want this message as an attachment and not as the payload in the SOAP Envelope.

We tried the PayloadSwapBean module, but we don't have an attachment to swap with, but maybe we used the wrong paramaters.

Thanks,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

As far as I know the XI can only "transport" attachments coming with incoming messages and hand them over to outgoing messages as attachments, but it cannot create attachments from messages.

Like already mentioned: As far as I know ...

... would be interested in a solution, also.

Regards,

Volker

fred_verheul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank and Volker,

The SAPHelp says it should be possible, for receiver AND sender SOAP adapter.

But you can't find anything about how to configure it...

So I'm curious as well!

Regards, Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the only method is to develop an user-module. From within the user-module, you have access to both the payload and the attachment, including creating an attachment. For example, copy everything from the payload to an attachment.

The XI installation contains a sample user-module, which shows how to work with attachments.

Regards,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

We want to try to avoid developing an user-module. Is there no other way to create an attachment?

Cheers,

Frank

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Definitively not. Attachments must be provided be the message sender or have to be created in an adapter module.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone, not the answer I was hoping for, but it is an answer I can work with.

Cheers,

Frank

fred_verheul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all, and especially Stefan,

May be this suffices for Frank, but definitely not for me. I find it very strange that the SAPHelp says that the SOAP-adapter supports attachments (sender as well as receiver!! see link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm ) and that Stefan says that you should develop an user module yourself.

So I'll keep waiting for a solution from SAP, in accordance with the SAP Help.

In the meantime, all experiences with this subject are more than welcome.

Regards, Fred

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

what exactly is your scenario?

Regards

Stefan

fred_verheul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Does this quick response mean I challenged you?

Our scenario is that we send an IDoc (ORDERS05) from our R/3-backend-system to XI (3.0/SP15). In an integration process (A/S-bridge) we transform this IDoc to an UBL-Order XML-message, and we want to send this XML-message as an attachment to a (synchronous) SOAP-call to a vendor. Like I said, despite the SAPHelp-content, we don't get this working. Whatever we try, the UBL-Ordermessage is contained in the SOAP-body.

What makes it even more strange, is that XI itself is based on the SOAP-with-attachments-standard...

So, any help is much appreciated!

Regards, Fred

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

The same as I wrote to Frank: This is not possible with XI standard. The SOAP adapter can only send attachments when the sender provides attachments additionaliy to the payload. The payload is always taken to the SOAP body.

Regards

Stefan

fred_verheul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, I give in.

But it still seems silly: first, that SAP doesn't support an open standard like SOAP-with-attachments, second that they don't support this while basing their own XI-protocol on it. I still find it hard to believe this.

But thanks for your answers anyway

Regards,

Fred