cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i create the sales order,the route doesnot reflects in sales order shipping TAB rather i have to put it manually everytime.My question is where in IMG we do the assignment which automatically picks up the route to sales order (OR).Also what is the significance of route schedules which we maintain in IMG.

Thanks

Rishi Balani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi

Route is normally determined for each Item in the Sales order automatically by the sytem by taking the four fields into consideration

Departute zone(of the Sh. point) + Shipping cond. + Tr.group + Tr. zone (from SH ).

I hope, you may not have made this assignment.

The path is, IMG > LE > Shipping > Basic function > Route > Route determination.

make the above assignmant correctly.You will find there "with weight group" and "without weight group". So do it as per requirement.

Route Schedule

If you are putting several deliveries into your truck and the truck is to deliver goods (from one Shipping point) to several Ship-to-parties along a particular Route and if it is followed regularly in the same sequence, then it is called "Route Schedule".

The Route Schedule contains,

- a list of Ship-to-parties

- a Route

- a week day, departure time and date

The live example is the supply of soft drinks like "Pepsi". They follow Rote schedule.Their truck carries deliveries for many SH along a particular Route.

If the Truck is following Route no- 1 on Monday at 9 am , then every monday at 9am same route will be followed.

Similarly, other week days other routes are fixed.

They have also to follw the sequence of delivering the goods to the SH.

If, in Route no-1 , first they deliver to customer XYZ and ends with ABC, then every time that will be follwed in that Route, on that week day. This is Route schedule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done all the assignments as mentioned by you in IMG and made a route NETOCH,but still when i create the sales order Route NETOCH is not picked up automatically in sales order which i have made in IMG.I have to put it manually and it works fine than.My question is why it is not picked up automatically under shiiping TAB in sales order.

Please help

Rishi Balani

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

in order for the route to be determined automatically, some pre-requisites should first be satisfied. for example, are plant and shipping point automatically determined in sales order? if not, then you may have to do shipping point determination first.

please post again for feedback.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

The plant and shipping point are coming as default in sales order.The route is still not coming as default which i have created in IMG.I have to put it manually.I have checked the CMR and MMR too but nowhere there is a field for route.

Please help

Thanks

Rishi Balani

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rishi

In CMR -General data , you can see the field transportation zone , check wheather you have assigned the correct transportation zone in the route determination also or not .

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

In CMR,the transportation field is coming greyed.I am not able to fill it with the required transportation zone which i have made in IMG.

Please advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

in the CMR, there are at least 2 fields for transportation zone, only one of which is not greyed out on change mode. this is in the Address tab of the General Data view.

if this is greyed out as well, check the settings in OVT0 for the field.

regards.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SPRO under Logistics executionShippingBasic shipping functionsRoutesRoute schedule determination here you activate your for your shipping point and sales doc type so that you will get route while creating sales order..

Let me know if you need any clarification on above..

Regards,

Chandra

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rishi,

Please go through this IMG path and check the configuration settings regarding route determination.

Basically route will get determine based on these combination

Depature Zone(From Shipping point)Destination zone (From Ship to party)Shipping conditions(Customer master)+Transportation group-->Route.

SPRO>IMG>Logistics execution>Shipping>Basic shipping Functions>Routes>Route determination->Maintain route determination.

Here you check Depature country and Depature zone & Destination country and destination zone.

You select Depature country and Depature zone & Destination country and destination zone then click on Route determination without weight group here you check Route is maintained for the specific shipping conditions and Transportation group.

Make sure that you are maintaining transportation zone to your shipping point and in your ship to party master data.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Route determinaton is based on "Departure Zone(from Shipping Point) + shipping conditions + Transportation Group + Transportation Zone(from Ship To Party)

And in route scheduling we will specify how many days it takes in Transit to reach the customer, which will help in delivery scheduling

Ramakrishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Route is basically determined based on the following

Shipping point :Departure ZOne info comes from here

Ship to Party: Transportation zonse comes from here

Loading group & Shipping conditions are other parameters.

Please check if you have maintained the necessary entries in config. Easier way to check is to look at TROLZ table and see if you find any relevant entries. I assume that you may have the entries missing here and hence the issue.

Regards,

Mani