cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP adapter - authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a problem with connection to an external service. I use SOAP receiver adapter with authentication (uname & pwd).

When I connect I get the response "com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Unauthorized". They say they have authentication method based on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_access_authentication. To me it looks like I have to encode the username and password to be able to process the request. Am I correct?

Question: Can I implement encoded uname & pwd with SOAP adapter?

If not, what options do I have?

Thanks!!

regards Marianne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

401 Unauthorized means ur SOAP user passowrd is either expired or is locked,

Kindly reset the password and use the new one in SOAP channel.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

We have checked that user and password is not expired. And of course I use the standard User Authentication.

What I was thinking, if I have to use this authentication method: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_access_authentication

could it be that what I am trying to do can be achieved with HTTP adapter? That should be the last option though...

regards Marianne

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if the client is seeing auth header in the request....Atleast this will ensure the header is passed to the client.

Authorization: Basic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

It turned out that the vendor had sent us wrong password on several occasions. They have put us on a wrong path by saying we should encode these headers.

regards M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats is wat i told u...becus we r also having the same problem n by resetting the passsowrd it worked for us.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

you don't need to encode. In the connection param of the SOAP receiver adapter.

"Configure User Authentication". Enter the user and password. I think the adapter will do that.

Try with plain user and password