cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing JDBC, Oracle, PI 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am configuring a JDBC adapter (sender) in SAP PI 7, against a Oracle 10g database. My configuration is like this:

JDBC Driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Connection: jdbc:oracle:thin:@144.84.236.22:1531:ha1u

When starting the interface I get this error in the communication channel monitoring:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@144.84.236.22:1531:ha1u' using the JDBC driver 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot estrablish connection to URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@144.84.236.22:1531:ha1u': ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'

Based on this I thought that the oracle drivers were not loaded. So I sent an email to the SAP PI admin. They did not know about this issue, and said that when they were attempting to install the driver they got the message "No upgrade needed". I have given them the "How to Install and Configure External Drivers for JDBC & JMS" document, but they have still no luck in correcting this issue.

This is real critical for me, so any input would greatly help. Is there anything wrong with my configuration? Is there anything I can tell my admins, that might help them fix the problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ketil,

Let your PI admin know that this error confirms the JDBC driver (for Oracle) is not correctly deployed or the version is not the right one.

Double check you JDK version and follow the guide you mentioned.

Best regards,

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already told them that, and the JDK version they are running is 1.4.

Is there any detailed description on how to check which drivers actually are installed?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue was resolved. The error was, as pointed out, that the JDBC-driver was not installed correctly. A little help using the SDM-tool and everything was fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having the similar problem here, Could you pls tell me what did you do in SDM Tool and

How did u install the driver,

I need to Install the same driver as my XI constultants are facing the similar issue u mentioned above.

Thanks In Advance

Harikrishna

Edited by: hari krishna on Nov 4, 2008 10:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We followed the description in this how to guide:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f04ce027-934d-2a10-5a8f-fa0b1ed4...

The only trick was to remember to select "Update deployed SDAs/SCAs that have any version" in step 1. This was the step that caused problem for our admins.

For compatability issues regarding JDBC drivers see SAP Note 831162.

We installed the ojdbc14.jar which so far has worked well against Oracle 10g.