SAP TechEd Discussions
Join the conversation around SAP TechEd! Discuss details of technical sessions and workshops and anything else conference related.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best certification for a developer

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I'm a developer and my company asked me to get a SAP certificate.

They let me choose the certification i prefere, so i'm here with some simple questions:

1-What is the best certificate for a developer? (i worked on R/3 4.7 release for 4 years and now i'm moving on 6.0).

2-Why?

3-How the exam works? (mnemonic questions? Solving problems? Developing some pieces of code?)

4-What is the best way to pass the exam? (SAP courses, books, voodoo rites )

Thank you for the answers.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

1-What is the best certificate for a developer? (i worked on R/3 4.7 release for 4 years and now i'm moving on 6.0).

2-Why?

3-How the exam works? (mnemonic questions? Solving problems? Developing some pieces of code?)

4-What is the best way to pass the exam? (SAP courses, books, voodoo rites )

These are the answers:

1-There is nothing like best certification---U attempt for that in which you work. If u wrk in WD ABAP for examplr then you should take ABAP with netweaver. Or u shud get certified in the tech in which u r planning to wrk in future.

2-This certification gives an assurance to ur company and client that the person is competent enough to face challenges in the technology certified.So if u wrk in ABAP and certified in JAVA that will not be of much use.

3-Different exams have different passing percentages. All exams are multiple choices ( more than one aswers can be right). The exams are conducted by Pearson Vue for SAP and they have various exam centres accross the globe.

4-Best Way: If you are working in tht tech for some time then u need sam prepration ( ebooks or SAP training) for clearing it.

If it is new for u then go through the E-books very thoroughly and do some hands on to understand the concepts.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Sumit Oberoi

0 Kudos

4-Best Way: If you are working in tht tech for some time then u need sam prepration ( ebooks or SAP training) for clearing it.

If it is new for u then go through the E-books very thoroughly and do some hands on to understand the concepts.

Thank you so much for the quick answer!

I got one more question at this point: where i can find the ebooks you speak about?

0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

Below is the link for SAP e-Learning. You can have a check on it:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/elearn

Regards,

Subhash