cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Messages in NW Log: Unable to run query / Enter table name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am always wondering about the tons of error messages in the NW log.

Today I opened the workbench and a query (SQL-Query, Mode Fixed Query) and viewed the Fixed Query Details. Then I looked into the NW Log (SAP Logs), and it contained the following errors from my query opening inside the workbench:

com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: 
Enter a table name

Unable to run the query

All in all 15 error entries have been generated. Unfortunately no more details are contained in the log.

Has anyone an idea why this happens when only opening a query inside the workbench without starting it?

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you get similar errors when running a ColumnList query without providing a Table name (with the Group parameter)?

/XMII/Illuminator?Server=XXXXX&Mode=ColumnList

/XMII/Illuminator?Server=XXXXX&Mode=ColumnList&Group=TABLENAME

Just a guess, but perhaps the WB is trying to fill the lower left listbox of available columns without the benefit of a table name being selected from the upper left listbox of available tables.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

yes indeed, MII throws the same error when I omit the table name. Using the table name in the group parameter, the columns are displayed.

Now...is it a problem with the WB?

Michael

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like a WB bug to me (more usability I suppose) but when navigating back and forth to the FixedQuery panel (or the Query panel) I could always catch "Loading..." in the list of Available Columns, so it must be making the invalid request and therefore filling your NW logs at the same times.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably not really a bug, Jeremy, but more likely a side effect of loading empty listboxes in the UI when no data server/table is selected or a new one is selected. This error message was suppressed in the iBrowser applets and template editor applet at one point, but probably didn't carry over to the WB. In any case, it is almost certainly a harmless message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick,

I also think this message is not really an error.

I only see it from a supporter point of view, who wants to check the error log and finds 15 error entries which can be dropped aside. And I also hope that the same error message does not occur in case of a "real error" and might be overlooked...

Michael