cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration on SAP HR of document hosted on IXOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have ton migrate document used in SAP HR (PA007 and PA9001) from a IXOS archiving system to a new system Common Store for SAP...

What's the best way to do it ? After settings of Common Store, Does a transaction exist to do it ? Or can I do it with specific BAPI ?

Best regards

Jerome

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry if I was not clear. This is also about migration of ArchiveLink content repository, which also maintains REO type document and managed in similiar way using content repository.

In previous version of SAP, these links also used to be maintained in links table TOAXX . We have some old data links (before SAP upgrades) in TOA01 table which is getting moved using this program.

The latest data, which has been archived in the current version of SAP, does not have links in TOA01 table because SAP changed it to be maintained in ADMI_FILES table.

I was wondering if there is workaround so we can use the same program for migration.

0 Kudos

Hi

Hope you can help, I have a couple of questions

I have started testing with this program, but it appears that on trying to migrate a multipage .tif or .fax from an ixos archive, only the 1st page of the multipage document was migrated. Are there some addition config settings required to ensure all pages are migrated? (I only see 1 page when i use an alternative Viewer)

Where is the SAP table entry for the file size held or how is it calculated? currently I am not monitoring it and would like to take the advice given above.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am facing the same issue like you had. Did you manage to work around that? Could you please help me on that?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Wojtek

0 Kudos

Hi

The problem seemed to be in the viewer itself. The multipages were being migrated, but the viewer only displayed 1st one, I think we changed the viewer (cant remember which one) but then it was ok. Still didnt show thumbnail images, but the pages were all there.

Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

The program only looks into TOAXX tables so it migrates documents (FAX) and printlist (ALF). The data archival file (REO) links created by SARA are stored in ADMI_FILES table. Any suggestions so all can be migrated together?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check OSS for notes related migration of data archiving files. This is a post relating to ArchiveLink documents not data archive files

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome

Just go through this link. Might be of your help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/26/72a1376f6cd903e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

with Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a note specifically for the migration of ArchiveLink documents from one repository to another:

Check note number 1043676

Please ensure you write create a report to check the size of the files before and after the archivelink migration to ensure that all the documents have been migrated successfully and the files are correct. Most people forget to do this and try to do this afterwards which is not recommended.

Symptom

You have created a new repository, and would like to migrate the

ArchiveLink Documents to the new repository.

Other terms

Migration of documents, ArchiveLink, repository

Reason and Prerequisites

This report helps migration of ArchiveLink documents.

To use this report effectively, you would need to ensure that you apply

the note 732436. However, this note will allow the migration of

documents from and to type of repositories which are supported by

ArchiveLink. The types of repositories that are supported by ArchiveLink

are HTTP, RFC and R/3 Database.

Solution

Before you execute the report, you must set up a repository that can

store the documents (transaction OAC0). The repository may be in an

external archive(connected via HTTP or RFC) or (as of Basis Release

6.10) in the OLTP database of the SAP system. You can also use SAP

Content Server as an external archive for storing documents.

The report has the following parameters:

OLD_ARC ID of the old repository previously used

NEW_ARC ID of the new repository

TEST_RUN: If you enable this, only a test run occurs, copy of

documents does not occur.

DEL_FILE: If you enable this, then the files would be deleted from the

old repository.

Launch the transaction SE38 and create a program with the name

ZMIGRATE_ARCHIVELINK_FILES. Once the program is created, now copy the

code from the correction instruction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The technique of OSS-note 1043676 is simple: the SAP-system can access both archives (the old one and the new one) through the ArchiveLink API. It reads documents from the old archive and it creates copies of those documents in the new archive. The OSS-note proposes a program called ZMIGRATE_ARCHIVELINK_FILES .

A team at IBM has used this technique as a basis for a method and a tool-set. This copes with the challenges of large numbers of documents and with a number of technical issues, such as multi-page TIFF files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this wil help u,

maybe SAP note 817743 could be useful. It explains the usage for SXDA to create mass of documents.

for mass uploading of document, you use bapi

bapi_document_create2

make bdc to upload the document by taking the help of ABAPer.

under 1 document type (QDC) , automatically no of doc number will be created and corresponding file for that doc no . get uploaded.

rgds

ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not think the reply from Benaka Rajes (and OSS-note 817743) are the information that Jerome Fortias was looking for. The OSS-note and function bapi_document_create2 are about creating new document info records (records in the DRAW table and associated tables) in the SAP system.

The question - as I understand it - was:

Assume that you have an archiving system (e.g. iXos) with hundreds of documents;

assume that you have hundreds of entries in your table TOAHR (or TOADL, TOA01, TOA02, TOA03, TOABC) that refer to those iXos records;

assume that you want to replace that existing archiving system by a new one (e.g. IBM CommonStore);

how do you migrate all those documents from the old archiving system to the new one and

how do you update those TOAHR records (or TOADL etc.) to refer to the copies in the new archiving system?

As a matter of fact, I have the same question.