cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plain text and attachment in Mail Adapter (Receiver)

thorsten_hautz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have to generate a mail in the mail-adapter with a specific text and an attachment.

The attachment is a document in pdf-format, that is generated inside an adapter-module out of the payload-document.

An additional text has to be added to the mail for the receiver in plain-text-format, like "Dear customer ... enclosed you will find ...".

Is it possible to mix plain-text and attachments in the mail adapter? Does anybody know how we can do that?

Regards,

Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can do it very easily inside the adapter module

if you're already using the adapter module then

you can just enhance it a little bit

you can add the pdf to the attachment section and

leave dear customer in the standard payload

you can even make it a little bit more dynamic

and create a module that will take the input from

the communication channel config (modules tab) - for example xml tag name in which you will specify

the dear customer (or any other text) and after this

the pdf creating can use the xml without this tag...

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

thorsten_hautz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

thanks for your answer.

Is this only possible if the text is in the payload yet?

Is it possible to add the text in the module?

If I add an attachment in the module I had the problem, that the payload was added in a second attachment. How can I configure the system that the text will be added as plain text in the mail?

Regards,

Thorsten

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>If I add an attachment in the module I had the problem, that the payload was added in a second attachment. How can I configure the system that the text will be added as plain text in the mail?

you can do a standard config of the mail adapter

(use conversion module)

then the text in the mail will be as text

>>>Is it possible to add the text in the module?

yes you can pass it to the xml payload and then do

contenc conversion

Regards,

michal

thorsten_hautz
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Michal,

thanks a lot.

I tried to solve the problem on this way.

I used the module "localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean" and set the parameter "Transform.ContentDisposition" on "inline", but the payload content was sent as attachment too. Did I forget to add an additional parameter.

I used the following sequence in the module-area: our module first, then the TransformBean-module und last the XIMailAdapterBean.

Perhaps it depends on the SP-version. We have only a sandbox-system with SP 9. Do you think that this could be the problem?

Regards,

Thorsten

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

fill the Transform.ContentType instead of disposition

this will put the payload in the e-mail payload

(tested with sp14 and sp15)

>>>We have only a sandbox-system with SP 9. Do you think that this could be the problem?

yes, it always works but as far as I remember

I had some issues with it with different SPs

but try contentype

Regards,

michal

thorsten_hautz
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

it seems that it doesn't work correct.

If I choose "Keep Attachments" everything would be send as attachment, if i don't choose "Keep Attachments" only the payload would be send without the attachment.

I think we have to wait for our development system with SP15 and then we could try it again.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Thorsten

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you will have sp15 soon then just wait

Regards,

michal

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

The representation of the mail depends from the mail server. The Microsoft Exchange server has problems with content-disposition in combination with MIME type multipart/related. The attachments are not displayed inline. Other mail servers do not have this problem.

I think with SP15 it is possible to remove the content-disposition in the mail. I have to check this and come back to you.

Regards

Stefan

thorsten_hautz
Participant
0 Kudos

hi stefan,

thanks for your answer.

If the mail server is the problem we should have to change perhaps ... if there is no other solution ...

Regards,

Thorsten

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

It is not a problem with the mail server who sends the message, it is a problem with the receiver mail server.

If you use Outlook to read your mails the behavior is different as with Lotus or a Webmail like gmail or yahoo.

A good idea for testing is creating a gmail account and send the mails there. You can watch the HTTP stream, that allows to check the behavior of the different parameters of the mail adapter and modules.

Regards

Stefan

thorsten_hautz
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Stefan,

thanks a lot.

you're right.

I used my t-online-account over web-mail and there I can see the plain text, but in outlook there is the text in a seperate attachment.

Do you know if there is a solution for this problem? I think some of our customers will use outlook to read the mails.

Regards,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are on SP19 and want to send mails with Body and an pdf attachment like Thorsten. But the Body came as attachment too. Parameter Transform.ContentDisposition = inline for

the MessageTransformBean doesn't function. . Has anyone a solution for this problem ?

Regards,

Christian

Answers (0)