cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location determination In SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. In Sales and distribution , We assign storage location determination rule which is based on plant , shipping point and storage type .

Hence , when delivery is created , automatically , storage location will be determined .

But my interviewer says that apart from above settings in IMG , master data has to be created for storage location determination in delivery .

I am not able to understand what is that master data .Could you pls help me out .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The setup for storage location determination is as you mentioned (tr. OVL3) based on shipping point, plant and storage condition.

Masterdata required is:

- storage condition - in material masterdata. Please note that this is maintained in MM03/plant tab, but the data is stored at MARA table - meaning generally for the material code

Additionally - part of OLV3 is shipping point. And you can also have setup for sh.point determination (OVL2) where masterdata is required:

- loading group at material level

- shipping condition at customer (sold-to in standard) level

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But my interviewer says that apart from above settings in IMG , master data has to be created for storage location determination in delivery

As Plant and storage location are interrelated ifirst it searches the master records in the following sequence

CMIR

CMR

MMR

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a default storage location also based on plant in deliveries. Check in SPRO.