Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POD based invoice creation and combination

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

our customer place one PO consisting of let's say three materials and we create three sales orders having different plants from where the materials will be delivered. It is a business requirment and that is why we are doing like this. The customer will therefore receive 3 deliveries, and 3 seperate delivery notes and we will receive back from the customer 3 Proof of Delivery.

In the enhancement we are requesting, before invoicing can take place all 3 Proof of Delivery needs to have been received back and flagged in SAP and then all three deliveries need to be merged into one single billing document.

my questions are :-

1) where POD is flagged in delivery.

2) where should we make the changes :-

a) in copy requirments at item level between delivery and invoicing... is there any standard rotuine which checks for POD flag?

b) or in data tranfer routines at item level.... is there any standard routine for the deliveries to combine based on customer PO.

c) how should i give functional specs to abaper if the coding is to take place in copy requirements and or data t/f routines. can we write the code for checking POD flag and delivery combination both in data t/f routines ?? is there any standard data t/f routine for combining delivereis based on PO of customer

3) iam confused abut giving Functional specs for data t/f routines .... should it be something like this ...... for LIKP-VBELN, read the sales order, copy the sales order PO in a field.... my main worry is how should i tell the abaper in FS that other sales orders are to be read for more than one delivery and thier PO number to be compared with the PO nos' of the sales order already read and if found same, it is to be combined into a single invoice ??

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to combine multiple sales documents into 1 billing documents based on the customer PO number. In your case, the billing combination criteria would just contain the customer PO number. You can update the VBRK-ZUKRI field with this info in the data transfer routines. I believe that you have to create a custom data transfer routine by adapting any of the standard data transfer routines for this purpose. However, you have to bear in mind that the header information like payment terms, partners etc. in all the sales documents that you wish to combine must be the same.

The system ensures that the billing document cannot be created unless the POD is recorded for the delivery item. The header copy control routine 3 can be set in the delivery to billing document copy control customizing.

You do not have to worry about having to select the deliveries for a sales order. The billing due list ensures that all deliveries that are due for billing are considered.

Regards,

Balaji

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks balajee, i need the following clarification regarding the POD status in order to do the billing. i have the following scenario :-

sales order customer PO no delivery no POD status

1 5 100 done

200 done

2 5 300 not done

3 5 400 not done.

you have said that routine 003 will take care of copy reqiurement for POD.i.e if no POD, then no invoicing.

so going by that logic, there will be no billing for delivery 300 and 400 but there will be billing for 100 and 200.

but in my scenario, the sytem should not allow for billing for 100 and 200 also since the POD for delivery 300 and 400 is still pending becuase we want to bill all the deliveries having the same customer PO no 5 to be billed at same time irrespective of number of sales order.

so i think i need to amend the routine 003 .....???

shoud i give fs to the abaper which says that select all the deliveires from LIKP table which has PO number same in VBAK PO no ??

regards

sachin