Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POD based invoice creation and combination

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

our customer place one PO consisting of let's say three materials and we create three sales orders having different plants from where the materials will be delivered. It is a business requirment and that is why we are doing like this. The customer will therefore receive 3 deliveries, and 3 seperate delivery notes and we will receive back from the customer 3 Proof of Delivery.

In the enhancement we are requesting, before invoicing can take place all 3 Proof of Delivery needs to have been received back and flagged in SAP and then all three deliveries need to be merged into one single billing document.

my questions are :-

1) where POD is flagged in delivery.

2) where should we make the changes :-

a) in copy requirments at item level between delivery and invoicing... is there any standard rotuine which checks for POD flag?

b) or in data tranfer routines at item level.... is there any standard routine for the deliveries to combine based on customer PO.

c) how should i give functional specs to abaper if the coding is to take place in copy requirements and or data t/f routines. can we write the code for checking POD flag and delivery combination both in data t/f routines ?? is there any standard data t/f routine for combining delivereis based on PO of customer

3) iam confused abut giving Functional specs for data t/f routines .... should it be something like this ...... for LIKP-VBELN, read the sales order, copy the sales order PO in a field.... my main worry is how should i tell the abaper in FS that other sales orders are to be read for more than one delivery and thier PO number to be compared with the PO nos' of the sales order already read and if found same, it is to be combined into a single invoice ??

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonu,

1. You can find the POD FLAG on Header level and on item line level in the view Processing.

2. You have to mark the field POD relevance in your customer master (View Shipping). You have to do a little customizing Logistic execution -> Shipping -> Delieveries -> Proof of Delivery -> Set POD-Relevance Depending on Delivery Item Category.

2 a. As far as I know 'No'.

2 b. All routines are checking the customer PO number. Means there will be an Invoice split if you like to combine delieveries with differnt PO's

2 c. and 3 You don't have to copie the PO number to the delivery it's already there, as mentionen in 2 b all copie routins are checking the PO number.

I don't think taht you can reach your target with the help of a copy routine.

Example 2 of your deliveries have the POD flag one not. Now you are trying to make an Inmvoice for all three deliveries. The copy routine will check the flag delivery by delivery and will make one invoice for the two deliveries with the flag and delivery 3 will be not invoiced.

Regards

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have three ship to party for one sales order then u can get three POD. Apart from that three line items and partial delevery will create many POD doc. You can make the setting for all the items with pod status ok can be invoiced.

Any how remember it is not related with material master.

POD status can be maintained at item level and in VLPOD

T-code you can see all the items.