Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXMSCLUP Table Size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I have an issue with the tabel SXMSCLUP which is taking around 130GB,

I have configured archiving and deletion jobs and made the retention period to 1 day but still no change in the size. Recently I came across SAP Note 761713 which requires running RSXMB_DEL_CLUST_TABLE program to delete the entries from the table. After the completing this job I got the following log:

Search Using Master Table

Table Switch Not Active

Table Container 1 Active

96,449 Messages checked

No entries with errors found

however, I still don't see any change in the table size.

any idea where I should look?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baheej,

i guess you have not activated the switch delete procedure. first activate switch deletion and then this table size will be reduced. while activating it keep sufficient tablespace and it will take 2 to 3 days based on ur database size. to activate it goto tcode SXMB_ADMIN and here u wil find one option for activating switch procedure.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

you are right, it is not active now, I am going to activate it and do the deletion this weekend,

hopefully it will do, I will give points once it is successful.

many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Activating the table switch didn't help, this is the job output after activating the table switch:

Search Using Master Table

Table Switch Active

Table Container 1 Active

3,666,769 Messages checked

No entries with errors found

the table size it still unchanged, is there any additional configurations that might be of any help?

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baheej,

Sorry for late response

Before activating table switch, you will have to schedule deletion and archiving jobs such that all old messages are archived or deleted, then after activating switch procedure Container1 table(SXMSPMAST) will be copied to Container 2(SXMSPMAST2) and also set the parameter DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD for deletion category in Integration Engine configuration to a value less than that of persistense layer table size in tcode SXMB_ADMIN.

After setting a lesser value for this parameter switch procedure will be activated. and after the copying from container one to container 2 finishes you can repeat this action by again minimizing the value of parameter DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD.

Doing this will definitly solve your problem.Do this and let us know if the problem is solved.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks mate,

I am going to do this additional configurations too, but I am not sure what value I should put for DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD , in Subparamter, Current Value, and Default Value.

any hint?

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can leave the subparameter blank and default value will automatically be set to 90 after saving the changes. And for Current Value = Any value less than that of Persistent Layer size keep it to 30-40 depending upon your database growth.( you can chk this at SXMB_ADMIN --> Persistence Layer Analysis).

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baheej,

You did not comment back on this, did it solve your problem? We are having the same issue with SXMSCLUP and I want to figure out what we need to do.

Thanks,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I have followed this document , but I still have big table size,

according to this guide, you can only define interfaces for Archiving, not deletion. am I right?

so if I wanted to delete I need to archive and then delete this archived files.