Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re:Profit center as mandatory for VA01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Good Morning,

my issue is if i didnt give profit center in va01 the document should not be saved, so in OMS9 which field sel.group (eg:name-0001,0002.....) i need to go and maintain as "Reqd Entry"

Thanks in advance & points will be assign for useful answers,

SAP UK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For information, Profit Center is flowing in sale order based on the value you maintain in material master. So the first option is make the material master field as mandatory.

Make the said field in material master as mandatory. To set this, go to OMS9, input 8 in "Field sel.group" and enter. Double click on Profit Center and choose the option "Reqd Entry" and save.

Now without maintaining Profit Center, you cannot save the material master.

So while creating sale order for that material, the profit center will flow automatically and no need to maintain the same.

Of course, for sale order, you can make this field as mandatory and it is blank, it cannot be said. To achieve this, Go to OVA2, block Sales - Item and double click on Procedures. There select Standard Item and click on Fields. There maintain the following:-

Table::::Fld name::::::Description::::::::Screen:::Status

VBAP::::::PRCTR::::::::Profit Center::::::::PKNT:::::00

Now without Profit Center, you cannot save the sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i think that the field "profit center" is not in standard OVA2.

you can use SAP enhencement COPA0005 to make the profit center field in SO required.

steps for enhencement:

SMOD: COPA0005, choose the function module EXIT_SAPLKEII_001, code a little in the include ZXKKEU07.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP UK,

Please maintain this in OMS9, input 8 in field selection group. Then select profit center & make it as required entry. This will become mandotary field during SO creation. You cant save this SO without entering profit center in this field.

If you feel doesnt want to enter this profit center each time you create SO, so you may maintain profit center in material master, Sales: General/Plant Data view. System will pick from here the moment you create SO. I believe this could answer your queries.

rgds,

nantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nanthakumar,

It was nice to see your reply.

Try to think yourself and give your own answers and not to copy the other peopleu2026 FYI Mr.Lakshmipathi is a Moderator donu2019t copy his messageu2026

Regards,

SAP UK Community.