Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation Module 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts

I have some questions and was hoping you can help:

we are planning to go for implementing SAP Transportation Module (TM 6.0)

Is the TM 6.0 some kind of Portal based version and do you know what the difference is when compared to the older versions?

your suggestion is highly appreciated in this regard

Thomas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has launched SAP TM (Transportation Management) solution with focus on Freight Forwaders and LSPs (Logistics Service Providers). SAP TM is based on eSOA (enterprise Service Oriented Architecture) and it can be accessed using Portal as well as NWBC (NetWeaver Business Client).

The main modules (functionalities) of TM are -

1. Order Management - Capture and manage customer order to ship goods

2. Planning & Scheduling - Perform manual OR Optimizer based planning i.e. route selection, tour creation, etc

3. Subcontracting - Outsourcing of certaing transportation activities to business partners/ carriers

4. Charge Management - Calculation of charges to customers as well as subcontractors based on incoterms

5. Event Management - Tracking & Tracing of events associated with Transportation Chain

Comparison with old versions -

SAP has limited transportation solutions in ERP as well as TP/ VS

From shipper perspective ERP LES could be sufficient for basic transportation execution.

SCM - TP/VS can help more by providing more planning related functions

From LSP perspective and those who have above mentioned requirements (e.g. Order management, Planning & Scheduling, etc) ERP LES and SCM TP/VS are not appropriate fit

-Shailesh

former_member524427
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP TM 6.0 is a new product released by SAP focussing on the Logistics industry. This is an improvised version of SAP SCM TP/VS module. The SAP TM 6.0 uses NWBC (Net Weaver Business Client) which acts like a Portal-based version

SAP TM 6.0 is a stand alone product unlike SCM TP/VS. But SAP TM 6.0 can be interfaced with SAP ERP systems & Event Management systems (For Track & Trace) as well.

SAP TM 6.0 uses the same OPTIMIZER as the SCM TP/VS for making business decisions for the users.

Real-time Transportation charges can also be handled thro SAP TM 6.0

The main difference (operational) : TP/VS system allows only 2 hubs (Consolidation points) in a transportation chain which was a major limitation when implementing for a larger business networks where as SAP TM 6.0 allows any number of hubs in a chain.

Try this Link for more info: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_tm60/helpdata/en/3d/bac2009df0459da845e03e6802817f/frameset.htm]

If any queries, please let me know

Edited by: SRIRAM K on Nov 10, 2008 12:54 PM

Edited by: SRIRAM K on Nov 10, 2008 12:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narin,

Do you have or know anyone who has conceptual knowledge of SAP TM 6.0 a client of mine is about to implement it and we currently need some expertise on a freelance basis??

I look forward tp heraing from you>

Daniel

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

What kind of informations are you looking for?

Regards,

Nico.

kenneth_chong
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

are you on ECC6.0, if you on ECC6.0 and talking about transaction VT01N, its not really portal.