cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Onboarding functionality (pre-hire)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any information on SAP's onboarding functionality? This pertains to the time period between when the candidate accepted an offer and their date of hire. Curious to know how SAP will allow these pre-hires to access ESS and complete forms if their BEGDA on INFT0 has not yet been hit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a User group for Applicants and assign roles to that group.

Regards,

SriC

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for this suggestion, however, doesn't the candidate need to have an INFT0 and 105 created and the BEGDA would be their actual start date? So assigning them to new user group/role wouldn't help unless we backdate the "start date" to be the date we want them to access certain portal pages right? Then if we backdated, wouldn't we have issues with time/pay?

Or - does being an applicant allow the candidate to have a user role assigned and they can access some of our ESS portal pages?

former_member21276
Contributor
0 Kudos

We were looking at a custom solution for a similar requirement.

You can hire the applicant & keep his status as inactive or a custom status, so that payroll will not get affected, then you can create infotypes, & he/she can access the portals, etc.

Not sure though if this is possible, we are still in the planning process. but you can sure try it.

Tnx

SKR

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a delivered ESS service called "My First Days" which is what you're looking for.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/25/eec64005df0366e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

It's part of Life and Work Events, and is based upon Guided Procedures.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/00/43d642dfa9f340e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

After we complete our upgrade to ECC 6, we'll be taking a deeper look at it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are in exactly the same situation - waiting for upgrade and exploring the life events. It still doesn't sound like the life event of new hire provides the candidate with access to the portal pre-start date...and that is what I am not able to get a clear answer on. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our process is that we usually run people through a pre-hire action prior to their actual first day of work. SAP has told me that we should be able to provide access prior to their start date until this scenario. I'll know for sure in a few months when we can test it ourselves, but it is supposed to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using E-recruiting then you can create activities like medical check up... Onboarding forms, Offer on Hold etc. and mail it across to the candidates.

And when the candidate arrives you can run the hire to SAP

Similarly such activities can be created in Recruitment.

Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question but was curious about the following.

If the person is not formally hired (i.e. his contract hasn't started yet) how will he/she access the portal? I guess he/shee still occupies another job with another company so won't have access to your network?

Wilfred.