Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW 3.5 to BI 7.0 authorizations upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am looking for a helping hand in doing BW 3.5 to BI 7.0 authorizations upgrade.

Current BW security config:

Users 800

total roles: 1360

Total Z roles : 400

master roles : 12 approx

child roles : 80 approx

Reporting Auth Objects: 9

Hierarchy : 25

We are done with the technical upgrade and wanted to do Authorizations upgrade.

1.What would be the ideal time frame to complete the Auth. upgrade, and how many resources are required.

2.For migration of BW Reporting Authorization Objects, can we use RSEC_MIGRATION ?

3.How do we go about migrating Hierarchies?

4.What are the other steps required in the process?

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,

VJ

4 REPLIES 4

l_borsboom
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

You are not the first one with questions about BI Authorization upgrade. Please [have a look at what already has been posted |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/directforumsearch?q=bi%20and%20upgrade&objid=f208&daterange=all&searchid=17976318&forumid=208&rankby=10001&start=0]on this forum.

Kind regards,

Lodewijk

Former Member
0 Kudos

VJ,

Please first go through the forum and Bernard Session.

1) No one can assure you about this. You need to analyze.

2) Though SAP provides RSEC_MIGRATION but not recommended to use. If you use also there would be a lot of manual work to do.

instead of using this RSEC_MIGRATION tool, I would recommend you to do manually.

4) First Identify how many analysis authorization objects would need to be built.

I hope this would help.

Thanks,

Saga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sagarika,

Thanks for your suggestions. Request you to help in knowing about manual process. What it means? How is it done?

Thanks,

VJ

0 Kudos

VJ,

For manual creation of analysis authorizations use RSECADMIN

Please go through the Bernard session.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Saga