cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are converting our all interfaces from RFC to Proxy for better performance...

Just wanted to know that for the Data types that we are going to use in place of RFC, for proxy, do we need to develop it on our own or is there any way that we can directly copy it from RFC?

Thanks and Regards,

Hetal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Export the XSD from the imported RFC and then imported as external definition and use it. Same schema you will be able to use. Create MI for the external definition and generate proxy for it

Just take care about the name space and occurrence etc if any change you need, edit XSD

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me how can i export it? and in which format i should save it?

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal,

In the Interface objects, right click on the External defintions and add new using the data type xsd to be imported. In your message interface, while selecting message type, select it from the external definitions.

Format should be xsd.

Thanks

-Kulwant

Edited by: Kulwant Bhatia on Nov 13, 2008 10:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal

Are you using the Imported RFC?. DT which you used earlier can be exported out. When you create DT click on tag XSD. Then export it.

Use the same XSD imported as external definition for any use.

Imported RFC i think will be exported as WSDL. You can use WSDL also for your use.

Using External definition you dont need DT. Directly create MI with inbound or outbound.

in MM you can use external definition directly

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can reference RFC type in message interface.

Message Interfaces with RFC or IDoc Messages

You can generate ABAP proxies for message interfaces that reference RFC or IDoc messages. The generated proxy objects (for example, classes and generated structures) use the name of the message interface that references the message as the prefix in the technical name. The proxy objects belonging to the RFC or IDoc message belong to the superordinate message interface and are not reused by the proxy generation function. RFC exceptions are grouped in an exception class

Thanks,

Beena.