cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have a doubt in regard to the SAP HR installation. Is SAP - HR component installed after installing the ECC 5.0 or the SAP -HR is a seperate software that is to be installed.

Or

SAP -HR is installed while installing the ECC 5.0 do we have to select the component and install it.

As i am new to SAP -HR installation, can some one guide me regarding the same. System is based on HP-ux/oracle

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Once you install ECC, you will see all the component within. SAP_HR is one of those and also EA_HR..etc..

First install SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to System -> Status then click on component information button there you should see SAP_HR...It means HR is installed in ECC system.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

We are planning to install HR installation on ECC 6.0 SAP N/W7.0 SR3 ABAP

My question is When we order a kit do we need to order a sperate kit for SAP -HR or is that included in the ECC 6.0 SAP N/W7.0 SR3 ABAP

As you said SAP-HR is included in the component , i am aware of that. But is that enough for the people who work on SAP-HR on ECC 6.0 or do we need to install anything more .

Thanks

kris

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My question is When we order a kit do we need to order a sperate kit for SAP -HR or is that included in the ECC 6.0 SAP N/W7.0 SR3 ABAP

No - you upgrade your system to ERP 6.0 - including HR.

> As you said SAP-HR is included in the component , i am aware of that. But is that enough for the people who work on SAP-HR on ECC 6.0 or do we need to install anything more .

This depends what you do with your HR. If you use e. g. ESS/MSS on your system now, you will need to install a portal to provide the same functionality under ERP 6.0.

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I answered previously, HR is part of ECC 6.0,

so if you install or upgrade to ECC 6.0, you get HR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Sorry to ask, in this version of ECC 6.0 SAP N/W7.0 SR3 ABAP --- Is there both Unicode and

Non -Unicode software or just Unicode.

Thanks

kris

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Both - but you should install the Unicode version. If you use non-Unicode and you use a Portal then this combination is not supported.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. At the moment they are not planning to link with the portal. Just it is installaion of SAP -HR ECC 6.0 SAP N/W7.0 SR3 ABAP .

But in the Software downloads i don't see speperate unicode and non- unicode software. Is this softwre in one DVD.

But i would think it would be best to install unicode(this is a new system install) as we have ECC with the unicode version.

thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> But in the Software downloads i don't see speperate unicode and non- unicode software. Is this softwre in one DVD.

yes - both are on DVD.

> But i would think it would be best to install unicode(this is a new system install) as we have ECC with the unicode version.

Definitely. Successor versions of ERP will only be Unicode so you avoid migration.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry for putting the question back.

I was just asked to install a ECC6.0 For SAP-HR N/W7.0 ABAP.

You said if they are going to use ESS/MSS then portal install has to be done. In that case i need to find out what exactly they are using.IF portal installation has to be done what version should i download.

Is there any clear cut documentation for this SAP-HR installation. (where can i find)

Thanks

kris

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is there any clear cut documentation for this SAP-HR installation. (where can i find)

Yes - there is a "Master Guide for ERP" - it contains the scenarios and the necessary systems and applications you need.

http://service.sap.com/instguides

--> SAP Business Suite Applications

--> SAP ERP

--> SAP ERP 6.0

--> Planning

Master Guide for SAP ERP 6.0

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

We are using the existing server which has already got ECC, we are adding up another 200GB and installing the new SAP -HR system.

Here in this case, File systems /stand, /usr, /var, /tmp, /home , /opt, /usr/sap/inst, /oracle/client and /oracle/stage/102_64 will be shared.

My question is for the filesystem /usr/sap/inst, /oracle/client and /oracle/stage/102_64 can this be shared, will there be any problems.

And what for inst directory is used for ---/usr/sap/inst (this is not a sapinstall directory)

For the /sapmnt/<SID> --- How do we do the NFS.

Thanks,

kris

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are using the existing server which has already got ECC, we are adding up another 200GB and installing the new SAP -HR system.

You mean you install a second instance on the same system?

> Here in this case, File systems /stand, /usr, /var, /tmp, /home , /opt, /usr/sap/inst, /oracle/client and /oracle/stage/102_64 will be shared.

> My question is for the filesystem /usr/sap/inst, /oracle/client and /oracle/stage/102_64 can this be shared, will there be any problems.

If you have two Oracle HOMEs you need to take special considerations. If you patch the shared client, you need to take down both instances.

> And what for inst directory is used for ---/usr/sap/inst (this is not a sapinstall directory)

as you said - no standard installation directory - I have no idea why this was created (by your administrator).

> For the /sapmnt/<SID> --- How do we do the NFS.

What do you mean with "how do we do the NFS"? You can specify a different directory as trans but this must be reflected in the profiles and in the system itself (DIR_TRANS).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus. Even i am not sure completely regd the same. I mean to say this is a dev server and we are installing a second instance in the same system. According to your opnion do i need to consider anything.

thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to make a decision how to deal with the Oracle software:

- MCOD (http://service.sap.com/mcod)

- multiple Oracle HOMEs

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would go for multiple Oracle_home. this way it is possible to upgrade one system and keep the other one on another version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Is Netweaver 7.0 SR3 is same as ERP 6.0 SR3

Thanks

kris.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is Netweaver 7.0 SR3 is same as ERP 6.0 SR3

No.

Netweaver is the base component (means, kernel 7.00 + SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA 7.00), ERP is an application running on top of that base.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Markus for the reply.

As discussed earlier, we have ordered the following kit

ECC 6.0 SAP Net weaver 7.0 SR3 ABAP on HP-UX : Oracle 64 Bit and

SAP has sent the following kit which is a SET for ERP 6.0 SR3 Oracle HP -UX.

Do you think that is the set or we r missing anything(sorry for asking).

Thanks

kris

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> SAP has sent the following kit which is a SET for ERP 6.0 SR3 Oracle HP -UX.

That is fine.

If you ordered ERP 6.0 SR3 it will have an installation set for the ERP system but it will have an additional set for the Netweaver components (such as Portal).

So you have everything you need

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge if i am correct, Portal requires the java installation. We are installing

the ABAP stack , so no portals installation is required .

Thnaks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> As per my knowledge if i am correct, Portal requires the java installation. We are installing

>

> the ABAP stack , so no portals installation is required .

Yes - right.

I was just giving an example because you asked what will be delivered with the package.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the kind reply. It is just that i want to be clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me.As said earlier we are using the Dev server of the ECC to install HR, Now we are in the process of implementing the file systems required for this HR.

My question is

How to correct the number of lvols, how should we define this lvols.

We already have file system for the ECC that is/usr/sap/trans, can that same be used for the HR or do we need to create a new file system that is /usr/sap/trans for HR.

We have defined as

/dev/vg01/lvol5 95GB /hrsapinst

our team who creates this filesystem says it is incorrect logical voulume defined as it is already created and related to the system probably the wrong volume group defined. What should i do regarding the same.

please reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you to go through the installation document and accordingly you create filesystems. this will clear your basic doubts.

follow http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000671157&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&;

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000626763&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&;

Cheers,

-Sunil

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

read the installation guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that . I still have one query, the file system /usr/sap trans which is already created and used for the Ecc can the same file system be used for the HR on the same server.

please reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HR is a module and a part of ECC application.

cheers,

-Sunil

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so, If I understand you, you already have a live ECC6 system and your company has decided to install another ECC6 system for HR?

then, I would not share /usr/sap/trans for these 2 systems even if this is possible. you do not want to mix HR/Payroll transports with another system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes what you said is correct. As per your suggestion it is better to create another file system /usr/sap/trans as it is better not to mix the transports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

go ahead and create new filesystem, if your query resolved then mark as answered.

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The transport system of ours is like as described here, ours is a three system landscape, dev(grd), Qa(grq) and PRD(grp), the logical volume below is on the DEv system

/dev/vgtrans/lvol3 /usr/sap/trans

/dev/vgdbwigrd18_01/lvol5 /usr/sap/trans/grp

All the transports go into production as the landscape is defined like that.

As said before, we are creating the new system for hr(ecc)

According to my knowledge that we don't need to create the filesystem /usr/sap/trans just we need to increase the file system.(please correct me)

Do we need to create the follwing file system without having created the mrp(prduction system).

/dev/vgdbwimrd18_01/lvol5 /usr/sap/trans/mrp

please help.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

the /usr/sap/trans is shared directory between systems. (DEV, TST, PRD)

>/dev/vgdbwigrd18_01/lvol5 /usr/sap/trans/grp

not sure why you have above filesystem.

in your case you have two different system (functionality) then you can have separate /usr/sap/trans filesystems for your ECC and HR

you can also use the same transport directory but will be difficult to manage and if one system landscape has maintenance then other system landscape cant access the /usr/sap/trans.

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can Some one help me with the following

the lvol is located on volume group vg01,which should be related to the system file systems. Also, there are not used SAN disks, and can't be. Just the local SCSI disks. --- What should i consider and do in regard to the same.

For the installation DVDs to be copied i have given the following

"/dev/vg01/lvsapinstall /sapinstall "

Is this correct or any correction have to be made.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

confused with your point 1

point 2 about copying the installation DVDs, as long as you are able to access the /sapinstall filesystem there should not be an issue with this and you have sufficient space for available.

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During the installation of theECC 6.0 -SAP HR, do we need to Select the Multiple component database(MCOD).

Please reply.

Thanks.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no... do not even think on using that option!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric, i will not select that option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Sorry for my question as i want to be clear before installation.As said earlier, that we are planning to install ECC 6.0 SR3, Sap has sent the Kernel DVD for the SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 SR3, can i use the same for the ERP 6.0 SR3. They have sent the installation master dvd and installation export DVD for both the SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 SR3 and ECC 6.0 SR3, so i would be using the installation master and the installation export of the ERP 6.0 SR3.

They have sent the upgrade master and upgrade export for the SAP ERP6.0 SR3 , that i need not use it as it is used only during the upgrade.

Please let correct me regarding the above.

thanks

kris

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use Kernel DVD for the SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 SR3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you mean to say i can't use the kenel DVD of SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 SR3 for the ECC 6.0 SR3, so i need to order one.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for asking this question. Please do reply me. For this installation should i follow the installation master and export DVD of the SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 or export DVD of the SAP Netweaver 7.0 SR3. Please clarify. I would be very greatful to you friends.

Thanks,

kris

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please:

read

- the master guide

- the installation guide

Both of them will tell you which CDs/DVDs you need and which of those need to be available together.

The kernel CD is the same for both ERP and Netweaver since ERP is based on Netweaver.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for the information.

Can the DVD's be copied on the server keeping the DVD number that is 510310345(1) and 510310345(2).

I have this question because i heard that when installing i wonder whether it will accept the long number with the brackets.

Thanks,

kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can copy the DVD's locally or create a NFS share which you can use for your future installs. As far as naming goes you can name them what you like or what makes most sense like for exports dvd's name them like export1, export2 etc., becasue the install looks for DVD label and not the DVD title.

Hopes this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we install under unix, can we use the ordinary acess or do we have to have root access.

Thnaks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, You should login as root user for installation..

Regards,

Jazz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

simple answer:

SAP-HR is part of ECC 5.0