cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete XML messages with Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody tell how to delete XML messages with "ERROR" flag in sxmb_moni? I have looked at many threads but couldn't find a solution.

Thanks

MLS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply Gaurav.

XML Messages with Errors Awaiting Deletion in sxmb_adm is only for synchronous message transfer not for asynchronous.

I tried ervything you mentioned but could not delete asynchronous error messages.

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

there is a function module to delete the messages,, i coulnt recollect the name of the FM, better you can search in se37....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SXMB_ADM should be able to do it. Anyhow alternate can be to write a Z program to delete error message directly from SXMSPMAST and schedule it as per need.

Thanks

Gaurav

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

Check this Blog...

the same way there are programs like:

RSXMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES

RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES

RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES

which you can run in se38. this might be useful for you.

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry typo at the end "The job in sxmb_adm only deletes successful msgs"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_<client> (Deletion job for XML messages)

SAP_BC_XMB_HIST_DELETE_<client> (Deletion job for history entries)

I think this can also help

transaction SXMB_ADM -> Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention periods -> Retention Periods (button in the menu bar).

XML Messages with Errors Awaiting Deletion (default = 1 days) change the value to 0 days

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav, what is the name of the job which deletes the error messages. The job in sxmb_adm, only deletes the successful error msgs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh, you are saying that the messages which are in Error can never be deleted?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't mean that, you can delete it from the database. But if you try to delete it from moni you can not delete it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi

Processed successfully messages are deleted by default. You cant delete messages directly from SXMB_MONI

Best is you schedule the job to archive error messages and another job to delete archived messages. But here take care in maintaining the job sequence. This can solve your purpose

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0e/80553b4d53273de10000000a114084/content.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a23...

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not delete the messages from MONI, if you don't want to keep the message you can cancel it. The messages just achieved not deleted.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Delete job in sxmb_adm only deletes messages with success flag not the error messages..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same requirement.

We have made change in the abap program RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES and then scheduled the job to delete messages which are in error.

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos