cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement a Trading Partner Directory to get company info !!!

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I implement the Trading Partner Directory (STPD) to fetch list of companies from ECC server. I read thru the SAP help but could not get much out of it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sandip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

closing the thread..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I was looking through SDN for a similar solution and it seems you found the solution to your original response. Now, I was wondering if you could share it?

I've tested the new R3GroupTPD in 7.30 portal for using UserGroups in ABAP system as Companies in the portal. Now, the problem I have is that we need to implement a similar feature for a 7.02 SP12 based system.

I know that I need to implement the TPD interface, but before starting that journey it would be good to get a few pointers from someone who already has been partly down that road

I would like to note that we are going to use this feature to limit the number of users users can see when e.g. forwarding in UWL.

It's been a while since you posted your request and response, but I hope you can find some time to answer my post. I'm more than willing to repost my question in a new thread for you to answer (and be rewarded for)!

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hans

Yes, i was able to implement it using TPD interface..If I remember, I had to implement the getpartners() method of the TPD interface..

Once you have created the java class, you need to wrap it inside a library project and deploy on the server and then modify some ume properties..

as far i remember, there was no major glitch in implementing this interface and it was quite stable..

so its a go ahead from my side

sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your swift reply, Sandip. However, I'd really appreciate some more details - especially about in what context/scenario you implemented the fix. Our problem has 2 components:

1) The source for Companies in portal must be Auth.Groups (transaction SUGR) in ABAP UME (not read a UME property)

2) Then UWL must read the relationship between user and auth.group as defined in SU01 in ABAP UME (no maintainance in the portal IDM)

Our mission is to move all user administration into ABAP UME, so we cannot rely on any user administration in the portal.

So, implementing the TPD interface to read some source, I fear it will only solve the first half of the problem. The second half, making UWL read and evaluate what Auth.group/company you belong to is probably not possible to solve in 7.02 portal.

In reality, what we're after is to implement delegated user administation in ABAP UME and have the portal adhere to that.

As mentioned, we have solved this in 7.31 portal because there is added support via the SAP standard delivered class "com.sap.security.core.tpd.abap.R3GroupTPD" which reads the authorizations groups and the configured auth.group in SU01 to solve the delegation issue in UWL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again. I invite you to visit this thread and repeat your answers so I can reward your responses

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3275371

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hans

Even I think by implementing TPD, the first problem will be solved but I am not sure about the second one..

Have never implemented a delegate UWL scenario. So am not sure how do you bind the UWL with the delegated company concept..

But this sounds interesting, would be interested to know the outcome.

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

We solved our issue by adding the "company" field (<attribute name="company"/>) in the ume (dataSourceConfiguration_abap.xml file). Now we can assign company by assigning a company in SU01. We'll keep the company strings in the UME property as this set of values more or less is static.

Thanks for your input and responses!

.: HP