cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when releasing billing to Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I get the following error when releasing the billing to accounting in T-code VFX3....

Tax code in procedure TAXSL is invalid

Message no. FICORE704

Diagnosis

The tax code entered is not defined in the country for this company code.

System Response

Procedure

Check and, if necessary, correct the entry.

Procedure for System Administration

If it is not an input error, check and possibly change the system settings.

To do this, choose Maintain entries (F5).

1. Check whether the required tax determination procedure is assigned to the relevant country. the Procedure field is in the detail screen.

2. Create a new tax code if required

Pls note that in the error message it does not mention a particular tax code which is invalid, it jus shows tax code in procedure TAXSL is invalid.

I have done the following customization both in FI and SD.

I have maintained condition record MWST both in FI and SD. Maintained all necessary tax codes in FTXP.

Note that in the billing, we enter the condition type MWST in the Header Level and enter the relevant percentage manually. According to my understanding since the condition is maintained at header level there is no need of maintaining condition records through T-Code VK11.Therefore the tax code is not picked from the condition record as its not maintained in the item level.

Pls advice me on how to overcome this error ASAP since its critical.

Thanks in Advance,

Maleeq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I have maintained tax codes in FTXP. but the error message shows that "tax code __ is missing in tax procedure TAXSL". To my knowledge it is not possible to create a tax code "blank"!!!!

I have not maintained condition records in VK11 as we maintain the MWST condition in the Header level. Condition records are picked only from ITEM level and NOT from HEADER level.

Maleeq

Former Member
0 Kudos

CHECK OVK1 WHETHER MWST HAS BEEN ASSIGNED TO THE COUNTRY OR NOT

CHECK THE TAX CODE IN THE SALES ORDER ITEM LEVEL AND TRY TO CHANGE IT MANUALLY SO THAT THE CORRECT PROCEDURE PICKS UP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes MWST has been assigned to the country code in OVK1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Make sure you have maintained the tax code in FTXP for the Tax procedure TAXSL . Check the tax code in VK12 for MWST for the appropriate access.

Prase