Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java proxy to use XI as a file mover

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a requirement of using XI as a file mover i.e. do a copy paste operation between two FTP servers. Current design I'm using no IR objects. However in the weblog [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3442] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; there's a discussion by Michal which stresses the use of Java Proxy for this.

I'm not clear on the logic behind this approach. It'd be really helpful if you guys can help out wid the logic.

As far as my understanding goes,I thot of the below design

There'll be a client proxy which replaces the file sender adapter and there'll be a server proxy which replaces the file receiver adapter. The sender proxy needs to be scheduled and probably we can use a standalone java prog and schedule it.

I hope you guys can shed more light and share better designs..

Regards

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun

One of the approaches can be using sender and receiver java proxy and no need of any IR objects. Using a Java proxy whenever a file is present in a directory/ or multiple directory program can read the files in binary and can deliver to various destinations.

You can read source and destination address from a file. Even maintain an Array structure to read source and target file server address with login details and dynamically use this to read and deliver files.

File can be easily maintained manually.

Thanks

Gaurav

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm...

So as per your approach, I should have proxy sender and say I read the params from a properties file in the proxy code. Again I'll use a stand alone proxy implementation program and schedule it.

Now since you're mentioning not to use any IR objects, I guess you're saying that I should generate the proxy using some dummy objects in IR isn't i?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes you can schedule the standalone program and using dummy IR objects.

More over this can be expanded to web based dyn pro pages to upload content and deliver to another location using standalone proxy as receiver. This provide dynamic capability

Some more combination if we think can be

HTTP -> Java proxy and vice versa

HTML(HTTP) -> Java and vice versa.

Now if we look at HTML -> Java script -> that can directly post content to Java proxy XI adapter we again don't need IR objects.

Thanks

Gaurav

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any more comments experts??

Regards

Varun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192892
Active Contributor