cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supply chain alerts generated from external services

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am interested in having supply chain alerts generated from external services.

An example could be an alert based on predicted temperatures over the next few weeks, which would be of use to demand planners using SAP SCM.

So we would need an external service providing predicted temperatures, which could be modelled by the new SAP BPM tool to generate alerts for users.

Has anyone any experience of this?

Thanks,

Bob Austin, Atos Origin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems like you should look into the possibilities of APO Demand Planning where you try and prodict future situations. Using for example daily buckets with one key figure for temperature you could fill this information with the data provided from the external service. By defining various macro calculations you can then generate alerts of the APO alert framework.

Hope this gives a good starting point.

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frederik,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm familiar with APO DP.

Have you had experience of how to model such an external service, to feed data into APO DP?

Thanks,

Bob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been involved in the building of UI-layer where we used the ES provided from SAP as of the latest releases for DP. I would suggest that you have a look at these services as I assume the external application would be able to call APO DP and input the data using these services.

From a technical standpoint we had no problems to use the services provided from SAP. The only area where we ran into some issues was the authentification where we had to build some new web services to handle some customer-specific requirements. But I assume you would not even need these specific features in your scenario.

Have a look at this link to find all the detailed information:

http://esoadocu.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?packageid=DBBB6D8AA3B382F191E0...

Good luck

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frederik,

Thanks for this.

The area I'm unclear about is how we integrate data from the external service into APO DP. Are we, for example, talking here about XML data provided by the service being used to update an APO key figure (which contains temperature data).

Regards,

Bob.

Answers (0)