cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web - JDBC - RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got the following scenario and I don't know if it's possible to complete all the integration without using BPM. If you think that BPM is necessary please tell me your solution please.

A user click a button in a web application or something similar and that starts a synchronous process between JDBC and RFC (BAPI).

The click must "activate" a petition to JDBC adapter and that adapter reads a table and then send the data to a BAPI in R/3. The BAPI receives the data and do an update and then send a return confirmation code to the JDBC adapter.

So I have a JDBC <-> RFC synchronous scenario but I think I have 2 problems, JDBC can't be used under petition, and JDBC can't use synchronous communication...

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think you are trying to do a synchronous communication with your database with R/3 and update some tables inside R/3.

If this is right...here are the approaches.

Since the trigger is

A user click a button in a web application or something similar

Option 1:

Use BPM

1.Receive the message in using a reciecve step.

2.Do a synchronous send step (use a receiver JDBC) to poll the data from your data base.

3.Do a synchronous send step (use PROXY/RFC) to update the R/3 tables

4.Do a asynchrous send step to update the DB tables uisng receiver JDBC adapter.

Option 2:

With put BPM.

If you want do the design without BPM, first check the Database versions--- webservice is supported or not.

since your trigger is

A user click a button in a web application or something similar

If its supprorted you can update a flag and start the polling of the DB tables uisng sender JBDC adapters...

and do the design JDBC==Proxy (sync scenario).

hope this helps you..

Sunl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sunil and Varun for your interesting approaches,

I've found a very interesting thread that I think it can solve my problem and I want to share it with you.

First I've got to study a little how does it works but it looks that I can use file/JMS/JDBC adapters synchronous with that solution

Here the link: [;

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marshall,

After my analysis on your requirement, it seems the best solution thats coming to my mind is to use a BPM. Please find the total design below

1. Use sync-async bridge in BPM. BPM will have two sync send steps. One for JDBC and one for RFC. You'll use JDBC adapter in receiver mode.

2. Expose this interface as a web service and use it in your application.

Please do letme know if you need more clarifications

Thanks

Varun