cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Integration with RWD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kind Sirs and Madams-

Rumor 'round the campfire is that SAP Solution Manager integrates with SAP ProductivityPak by RWD. The only data I have gathered around this integration was one SAP slide showing the 2008 enhancements.

Can anyone provide links to some detailed material, or share thier experience with the integration? What it does specifically? Is the adapter free?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Solmaniac,

Nice to see your posting on "SAP ProductivityPak"!!! This tool is specially designed by RWD for generating training documents. This tool is also called as RWD U-perform.Now a days SAP recomends to use RWD U-perform tool for generating documents which are indeed required to follow business senario specific to client.

When you perform the business senario on SAP server, this tool will capture all the process include the T-code. Ultimately you can publish a word document,HTML or even flash player for the senario and use it for training purposes.

link - http://www.rwd.com/uploadedFiles/Solutions/Products/RWD_uPerform/RWD%20uPerform_ProductOverview.pdf

You have Demo version available on the internet and can try that.

Kindly award points if you find the information adequate.

Regards,

Sarthak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. To be clear, I am looking for specific information / lessons learned re: the integration with Solution Manager. i.e. what value does it provide

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response in this matter.

As far as the Solution Manager is concerned, it is document repository of all project related activity. There is no concept of integration here but all the project-phase related stuff(Documents) like Project preparation,Blue-printing, Realization are maintained here in Solman 4.0/Solman 7.0.

To be clear, i would add one example. For Test related activity/RPR, the documents are stored, updated in Solman Server. Anyone interested to get information of Testing activity can dirrectly access the server of Solman and get the required information from the server. The Solman server is not linked with any other server be it Testing,Development or production.It is absolutely an independent server as a whole.

I hope you are clear now.

Regards,

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I know what Solution Manager is and there are many concepts of integration.

2. I am looking for the details around the integration with RWD

I'll keep this post open for those who can contribute to the original question.

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you already seen the application help at

http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/solutionmanager/docu_solutionmanager_tool.htm -> SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 -> SAP Solution Manager -> Extensions ->

[Documentation and Help with the SAP Productivity Pak by RWD|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/2e/aefee6a2b049ed86ea023d6fc337ef/frameset.htm]

Best regards,

Ruediger

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please find further information on SAP ProductivityPak by RWD Adapter for SAP Solution Manager in

[SAP Solution Manager Enterprise Edition 7.0 EHP1 - Development News|http://www.service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700002004032008E] at pages 124 - 130.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a specific question -

IS RWD Adapeter for Solution manager have a specific add-on? Do we need to install add-on using SAP addon? IF so then where it is available in marketplace?

Any help appreciated...

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a specific question -

IS RWD Adapter for Solution manager have a specific add-on? Do we need to install add-on using SAP addon? IF so then where it is available in marketplace?

Any help appreciated...

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

We are about to instal SAP producitivy PAK. I found your post in this forum and thought you could guide me further. I would appreciate if you can send me the pre-requsites and the installation documents.

Regards,

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd be interested in this information too if anyone knows.

Thanks,

Lee