cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.net webstudio SOAP client - http error 401

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying out soap client --> PI 7.1 scenario. SOAP clientt is .net webstudio and I have configured a soap sender adapter in PI 7.1.

But the soap request is not reaching PI 7.1 and I can see ResponseCode: 401 (Unauthorized).

<< HTTP 401 - Unauthorized

Ihr SAP Internet Communication Framework Team.>>...

I have given the username and pwd with PIAPPLSERV roles and infact in SICF I am able to test the service sap->XI->engine using this uid and pwd.

I have the following queries...

1. where I can see the log/trace which shows the soap request has reached XI and see the uid, pwd with which request has been made.

2. And where in .net webservice studio I have to give the userid, pwd which has PI APPL_SERV_ user role in PI 7.1.

Cheers,

Raks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The transaction code SICF configures the HTTP handlers in the ABAP stack. As the SOAP adapter runs in the Java stack, it is not influenced. The Java stack handles the authorization before the SOAP adapter is called.

You have to provide the user and password with your .net environment. This should be not so difficult. Check the manual from .net or post the question in a .net forum.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Sorry for late reply, infact I have solved this issue already as the way you mentioned. I got mislead with the WSDL URL proposed by the "tools->display WSDL" option in Integration Directory and which was pointing to Integration engine and not to SOAP adapter.

Thanks a lot for your support and full points :-)...

Cheers,

Raks

Answers (0)