cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration multiple R/3 systems with APO via CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

the idea is to connect via CIF over 20 R/3 system on several releases with one APO system. I can find a lot of documentation and success stories with one ERP and one APO system, but no one with more than one ERP system.

Has anybody experience with such a envrionment?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Louis

APO can connect to multiple ERP system. (Our internal APO system connects to several ERP system and works fine). As other expert mentioned, you have to maintain different BSG to each ERP system. And to distinguish product name from differnt ERP system, you can add some kind of name rule by using customer exit.

For example, add @system name and client name.

-Product name :Product-xxx

-ERP name : ABC

-Client number : 100.

Product-XXX@ABC100

You can find out example coding by accessing following enhancement from T-CD SMOD.

Enhancement: APOCF005

FUNCTION: EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001

INCLUDE ZXCIFUSERU08

Best Regards

Keiji

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello @all,

thanks for your answers and information about your experiences. I will setup a demo and maybe I am coming back with new questions

@Keiji,

nice to get a message from your site!

Best Regards,

Louis

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Louis

It's also nice to get a message from you.

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I work in a similar environment where 3 R/3 's are connected to the same APO system.

Its works smoothly except at times the links are broken.

Initially we just designed the master data to be same as in R/3 but later we found out that same product number is used in more than 1 R/3 systems and there was lots of issue due to it.Then we had to rectify all the master data again by implementing an enhancement in APO to postfix the material with logical system.Similar changes were made to plants etc..

This helps in identifying the master data uniquely

Cheers,

KD

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes , its possible to connect different r/3 systems to one apo systems, if u r maintaining BSG ( business system groups) in apo system, other wise data inconsistency vill occur,

but all these R/3 should be with in one organization,

In any implementation scenarios bsg must be maintained, because any organization used to go for acquisition of new companies , which is already maintaining legacy systems, so you can easily integrate those systems,

u can define ur client name and release version while assigning ur system to bsg in apo customizing,

BSG must be maintained before data replication,

hope this information solve ur problem,

thanks & regards

ravi