cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segregation of responsibility on Customer Master creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

With creation of Customer Master Sales Views I need to allow different users to update different tabs -

Eg

User 1 only needs to update Sales data

User 2 only needs to update Shipping data on Shipping tab

user 3 only needs to update Billing data

There are mandatory fields on each tab and therefore user 1 cannot save without data entered by user 2 and user 3

Points will be awarded for helpfull replies

Thanks

Zelda Holloway

Edited by: Zelda Holloway on Oct 27, 2008 3:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zelda

As per the above example given by you as there are 3 users and after filling all these tabs only it can be saved. then you can make the optional fields also mandatory for that account group

Say for example it is for sold to party 0001 then go to t.code OVT0 and then change the fields as mandatory .So when user 1 fills the data and try to save system will ask to maintain the other fields also as they are mandatory .Now user 2 will do the same work then followed by User 3 then they can save the customer as per your requirement.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the response but this is exactly what I do not want to do

The fields must be mandatory and user 1 must be able to save only the sales view and then user 2 etc etc

- I do not want to make the fields optional but I need different users to save the different views - this is a bit of a catch 22 situation

I was wondering if SAP would be smart enough to allow user 1 to save if user 1 does not have auth to update the fields on the other tabs.

Please advise

Zelda Holloway

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi zelda

Then as per your requirement as all data comes in sales data in CMR , you need to put authorizations in between user1 , user 2 and user 3 .first of all.

An authorization should interact with all the 3 users that if 1st user completes by filling the data then he has to send a mail to authorization then the authorization head has to send the mail to user 2 to complete the work then user 2 has to send a mail to authorization that he completed his work so authorization will send a mail to user 3 to complete his data.

And there should be some small enhancement also ,like the CMR data should not be saved till all 3 users fill there data

And there should be internal mails between these 3 users and authorization member.

And it is the duty of the ABAP'ers to restrict not to fill the data. so we need to give the data that user 1 will fill only this data and user 2 will fill shipping data and user 3 will fill billing data .once all these data is filled then only the CMR can be saved this sort of logic you need to give to ABAP'ers .

Hope this data will help you

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath

Thanks for you reply - was trying to avoid user exits and ABAP but seems that will have to do it

Zelda