cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirtualIDBC and linked MII servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have seen the answer somewhere but can not find it.

I have a problem linking two MII servers together. I am using VirtualIDBC on MII 12 to link to MII verison 11.5 on another box. No problem

But how to link one MII version 12 to another MII version 12, can I get a hint or two ??

BR

Poul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am going from 12 -> 12 and this is not working. When trying to run a query on an igrid, the following appear

"Error has occurred while processing data stream java.io.IOException: Stream closed".

Version 12 -> 11.5 is working fine.

BR

Poul.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are going 12.0 to 12.0, http would be expected, but port 50000 (or equivalent) would be more common for the NetWeaver WebAS port.

Is the port open between the 2 servers?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arghhhh, naturally. It worked.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy.

Ok, I know that and know about the trusted serveres beeing removed. But I still can not get it to work for some reason.

The port is default 80 and default protocol http. Is this normal?

I am using MII version 12 SP2, have not yet been able to download the SP5. Could that be the reason?

And thanks for your patience.

BR

Poul.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are going from 12.0 down into 11.5, did you enable the LegacyURL checkbox?

Using http and port 80 would be the default IIS way, so that is expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy.

Does this means, that I need to fill out the part under System Management -> System administration with the information regaring the info of the connecting server ?? I.e. the ProxyHost is the IP connecting TO the MII server ??

The ProxyUserName and PW, is this a local user ??

Br

Poul.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I was pointing you towards was in the Data Server settings themselves. Obviously you have a local MII server already setup and connected to the DB or local data entity, but when you create a new data server for VirtualXXXX, look for the following fields (check the help docs for details):

IP

Port

Protocol

RemoteLoginName

RemoteLoginPassword

RemoteServerName

TZOffset

With 11.5, the RemoteLoginName/RemoteLoginPassword fields (MII user credentials) could have been addressed with a Trusted Server, but are now required, and are a user/pwd combination that has permission to query the data server on the remote machine.

Regards,

Jeremy

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In 11.5 the concept of Virtual Servers allowed for an 'inbound' trust for known IP addresses (like the built in 127.0.0.1 localhost entry) and could also be used to trust data server requests coming from another MII server.

In v12.0 and beyond, you will have to include 'outbound' MII login credentials in the Virtual Data Server.

Regards,

Jeremy