Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to skip an erroneous file in a Sender CC File

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I have a question, and i'd like to know if someone of you knows something about it:

I have many File to IDOCS scenarios, and sometimes we have the next problem:

e.g. if in the specified folder where the Sender CC will take the files, are put 3 files:

- File1.txt is put at 11:23 AM

- File2.txt at 11:29 AM

- and, File3.txt at 11:42

Let's suposse that File1.txt has a SOX Validation error, the XI informs the error, but keeps trying to take the same file, and the rest of the files that were put after that have to wait until this one is corrected or removed from the server.

¿Do you know any way to improve this?

Thanks in advance.

Juan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan.

Check out this file CC property..

Archive Faulty Source File...

Directory for archiving Files with error....XXXXXX

Check out this thread for more information..

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In your sender CC you can use Mode as archive and can archive the faulty files to specified location.

Check Processing Parameters -> Processing mode

and Archive Source Files with Errors in this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

This can help you

Thanks

Gaurav

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi krish,

If have only 1 file directory in this adapter, and the file name is

billing_system*.txt, that's the name that the adapter will pick up.

The behaviour of these adapters are as simple as I told you, they pick up the files like a queue (FIFO), so if an erroneous file were put before another one, the adapter will try to take always the first one; and if this first one has an error, he'll stay trying to take the same file, and doesn't take another one.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Irrespective of file error, I dont understand why XI is not picking up further file.

for eg., if you had specified *.txt, XI will pick up all files mentioned in the folder that ends with .txt.

There is no dependencies for the adapter unless and until you had mentioed or used BPM .

Do explain a little bit of ur sender adapter configurations on filename and directory structure and ur scenario also.

Regards

Krish