cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Project Settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I've one query in settlement of internal project.

I want to settle actual cost occured on child WBS to header WBS which are on different level. As my structure is very huge I can not maintain settlement rule on all WBS element as well as I do not want to pass on header WBS settlement rule to lower WBS which will increase no of line items during settlement for project. I am not able to do so.

Can some one help me how to settle lower WBS cost to header WBS.

Regards

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

I think , you can do this but it will be little tedious.

Create one user status & set the business transaction settlement as "FORBID" in the initial status then pass on the settlement rule from top WBS to lower level WBS . Wherever you want settlement should take place, only for those WBS change the user status otherwise let it be the same, in such cases you can control settlement line items,

I do not know whether it will be useful for you or not.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok

Thanks for reply, But this will not resolve my problem because i need to settle all WBS element. Lower level of WBS should settle to higher level and higher level to Cost center.

If i put as no settlement using user status cost will not roll-up to higher level of WBS.

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Whichever WBS you want to settle , change the user status for that WBS.

Purpose is that if some WBS you do not want to settle, let user status remain the same, once you decided to settle the cost, change the user status.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashok,

I got that but tel me how to settle it to header WBS. I am using CJB2 for settlement rule creation and then CJ88 for settlement.

So in settlement rule which type of rule need to be create.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Option 1: Maintain the settlement rule for the project definition with receiver as cost centre, any WBS element created under this would inherit this settlement rule.

Option 2: Refer note 211324. Applying this will allow you automatically create settlement rules on lower level WBS elements to their parent WBS element. Maintain settlement rule on top level WBS element with receiver as cost centre.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Gaurav

Use the note 211324 and then in the Settlement Rule Strategy for WBS -Config you can select the Accounting Assignment Category as Superior WBS (which will now be available after u implement the note)

Then try running CJB2 the settlement rule should be created for child WBS whereby it will settle to the higher WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me know if it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Yes, Note 211324 should solve your issue

psconsultant

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this can be done using settlement strategy configuration or alternatively use BADI WBS_SETTLEMENT_RULE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Thanks for replying, I was expecting answer from you.

I have tried using configuration but could get through and BAPI is a work around which we do not want to go with as it is Period end process and we are running CJB1/2 globally for each month end.

So if you could please help me with some configuration steps would be very helpful.

Thanks

Gaurav Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any body can suggest on this!!!!