Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History --.System messages (Sm02)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any way to know the history of the system messages ? ..here is the seanario :

1.There was a System messge erroneously sent on SM02

2. Want to know how to get to the history of SM02

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

You can go to SM02 Transaction under edit menu there will be option called Archived messages .

click it you can see messages.

other option is go to se11 transaction and enter table name TEMSG .

and then through utilities select display entries and execute the selection screen you can see all Messages.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Rakesh.T

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

This is close ..but in (utilites --> Display Entries) I am nothaving this option...I am on 46C. Is this the reason ..but I did the followiing:

1.Got the table flds

2.Went to SE16 and tried to get the data according to author.

I hit on another problem --> the entries are zero. I think the table itself is not being logged !- this is not in PRD but in DEV

0 Kudos

Hi George,

Please try SM02 as mentioned by Rakesh, but Goto-> Archived messages & not Edit( if you haven't tried ).

Regards,

Sachhidanand Rankhambe

0 Kudos

I hit on another problem --> the entries are zero. I think the table itself is not being logged !- this is not in PRD but in DEV

This is not a logging issue. It is quite likely that messages were deleted. At the time of creation, SM02 messages can be set to automatically delete at a certain time and date in the future. They can also be deleted manually before that pre-set date is reached. Deletion of messages (either manually or automatically) deletes it from archive and that's why you don't see them.

Run a simple test: In your sandbox, create a couple of test messages. One with auto deletion option with very short life-span and another one with a longer life-span. You will notice that you will see both messages in archive as long as you do not delete any manually BEFORE they are set to auto-delete. And once the auto-deletion time is reached, you will notice messages disappear from archive.